Gonna purchase goodies need some recommendations

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gecko5678

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I've already got rpm a arms but what else should I get I want my truck to be a racer

for a race revo? since you didnt specify which revo..

ext chassis. center diff, gear sets, better tires, wing mount and wing, race engine, 2.4 radio, rpm hubs, adjustable turnbuckles, a variety of rockers, a variety of springs, a failsafe, ....

Revo 3.3 I've got better tires and how long would it take to put together because I don't even know how to put on my rpm arms :(

put together what? did you buy a kit?

installing the arms are pretty easy. the turnbuckles and pushrods unscrew, i think the hubs do as well. then remove the cap that captures the pivot pins, and pull them out.

Dude I'm 12 and that sounds confusing and diagrams somewhere in the world that show hot to install rpm arms

If you can't replace the a-arms yourself, either bring it to your shop and have them put them on, or even ask them to show how to do it so you know what your doing next time.

how do you claim to be an experience RC person if you cannot change a arms??

5309_bare_chassis.jpg

ok. see the silver bars running down the arms? those are pushrods. remove the screw at the end by the hub. See the other silver bar behind the arms? those are turnbuckles. remove that as well. see the hubs? (kind of wing shaped with some blue things on the side) they have a special dust cap in there, and then a hex head is needed to remove the pivot ball. The dust cap uses a special tool that came with the revo.

once you get everything off that end, then you move to the center. you see those 4 silver nubs on the center black and blue part that kinda looks like this :D? those are the pivot pins. pull those out, and the a arms should come loose.

Installation is reverse.

how do you claim to be an experience RC person if you cannot change a arms??

5309_bare_chassis.jpg

ok. see the silver bars running down the arms? those are pushrods. remove the screw at the end by the hub. See the other silver bar behind the arms? those are turnbuckles. remove that as well. see the hubs? (kind of wing shaped with some blue things on the side) they have a special dust cap in there, and then a hex head is needed to remove the pivot ball. The dust cap uses a special tool that came with the revo.

once you get everything off that end, then you move to the center. you see those 4 silver nubs on the center black and blue part that kinda looks like this :D? those are the pivot pins. pull those out, and the a arms should come loose.

Installation is reverse.

Beason, you are a patient man! Great explanation and kudos for helping out a 12 yr old kid.

Ok thx I'm experienced because I've worked with many RCs and am building one, I just got the revo so i am new to that

Ok thx I'm experienced because I've worked with many RCs and am building one, I just got the revo so i am new to that

each rig may be different, but the basic concept is the same. if you have done this on a different rig, you should be fine.

---------- Post added at 4:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:16 PM ----------

Beason, you are a patient man! Great explanation and kudos for helping out a 12 yr old kid.

the sad part is, i had to type it twice.. i hit submit the first time and it hosed, and i lost everything. lol

Back