New Revo brakes weak?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmy5523

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Got a new Revo 3.3 and the brakes seem pretty weak. When i broke in my tmaxx a couple months ago if i hit the brakes too hard it would stand on its nose. Not sure what the deal is but it really hasnt bothered me too much because it actually helped keep the truck from tumbling during the break in when i got outta shape a little. I havent looked into it much but i do kno the radio is set at 50 50 so thats not the problem. Calipers look to be close to the disc. Is the servo going bad or is there some way to set a max brake within the radio?

Theres a brake linkage from the tranny to the servo that has a turn-wheel on it, adjust it inward to get the brake set right.

Yeh more u turn it the harder the brakes work. But turn it too much when ur in nutral position the brakes will be engauged

Ya that's what I did I was just wondering if there was a transmitter adjustment I could make. However the revo I have is two years old (the guy bought it and never put a drop of fuel in it so I got a smoking deal for aomethin almost brand new) and has the first gen 2.4 ghz transmitter with the black wheel. Having problems with my steering percentage too can't figure out how to adjjt it on this controller because all I can find is literature for the newer models.

the programming should be the same i think??? you can set up one of the dials to do throttle/brake trim. useful for starting with a higher idle while warming up.

The problem is the one I have does not have a menu button. O well pickedup a 2238 and 2218 receiver on eBay. If u kno anybody interested ill sell this one which I believe is a 2230 and receiver I also have a tq3 and receiver for sale as well.

Daaannng I guess the revo have two steering linkage spots on the servo horn. Problem fixed ! Hopefully be able to sell those radio s to make up for the unnecessary money spent lol o we/l we live and we learn

Back