Time to tune and adjust my Revo 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nautcasprt6

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I've tuned the engine today and for the most part it ran great. Seeing that the temps were 55-60 today, the ezstart wand took only 2 trys to get it to work. as opposed to the full battery of the ezwand. Boy was that easy. (Where the Staples button).
After finally enjoying my truck, I feel that the pick up is not that quick. It sounds like a gear is slipping, but doesn't look like it is. I've reset the HSN from closed and turned it 4 times and tuned from there.
Was it the richer, the faster pick up and the leaner the faster top end? In that case, which way do I go in order to do wheelies and flips?
As far as the 2nd gear, I'm pretty sure I'm not hearing it kick in. What can I look for?
Now as far as the suspension, the Revo came with some additional parts, swapping them out makes the truck more stable from flipping over?
If I lower the truck, it will flip less correct.

I really want to say thanks to everyone for all there help.
What I'm about to say next might...hopefully my wife dont see.
I'm already thinking about getting a car or a baja but 1/5th. Bwahahahaha :p:

Vrooommmm....Speed Bump.
Any assistance please...

check ur slipper clutch. i found putting the harder springs in, lowering it made a big difference to not flipping. dont put the long travel arms in cuz that isnt wat u want.

and if its real sluggish on take of maybe its starting in 2nd? adjust your 2nd speed gear so that the pin comes out (be careful not to let it come loose. keep pressure on it otherwire youll be pulling apart the gear box) and then turn it in 1-2 turns so the screw doesn't smash anything as it turns. then it should from memory start in 2nd. keep turning it in by 1/2 turns till you see it start in 1st.

Do you have plenty of smoke coming out of the exhaust? In about the same temp my revo runs best at about 4 1/2 turns out hsn and 2 lsn. Cooler the air the more fuel you will need. The 2nd gear is speed sensitive so if it isnt tuned to go fast enough it wont shift. If it is running well tho it could be as REVO said above.

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

watch lowering it too much because it can cause you to bottom out at the top of a jump then u will go nose first. Found that out yesterday.

Thanks guys.
If the weather stays nice by the time I get home, I'm gonna try and make some adjustments to the needles and tranny.

As far as lowering and jumping, jumping is not in my vocabulary just yet so it wont affect by nose.

Back