Need to purhase some Accessories. Opinions and Help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nautcasprt6

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I hate to have any down time if I want to race my truck. I want to be able to have a back up in case of anything.
Seeing that the EZstart is not so dependable if the truck doesn't start right away, i wanted to know some alternatives.
I was thinking getting a 2nd battery as well as a pull start. I'm just pulling the PN off Traxxas site and ordering from UltimateHobbies.
A question for this. If I decide not to use the Blue EZ Start wire going to the glow plug, can I just put a Glow PLug starter on and still use the EZWand to start the truck?

Here is a list of items I'm looking to purchase ASAP from UltimateHobbies;

1. Pull Start (as backup)
2. Backup EZ start battery
3. Blue EZ start Cable (Where can I get this from and whats it actually called)
4. Glow plugs (I searched and there are so many to choose from. Can someone give me a PN or something)
5. Truck Stand
6. Glow Plug Wrench (Any particular one? The stock is garbage IMO)
7. Traxxas Digital Temp Gauge 4091
8. Air Filter Oil
9. Cleaner (What to use after the truck gets dirty)
10. Glow plug igniter (Any good rated ones)
11. Failsafe (which ones)

Any other items you feel may be needed or better than the ones above?

Thanks in advance.
Bert

Last edited:
i read some reviews on the truck stand, they said it looked nice but didnt do the job to well and fell over allot.

I'm just a newb, but why not just the igniter with a pull start and lose that extra weight of the harness and EZ start motor, especially if your going to be racing

Bump.
Added a few things to the list.

I have a work bench and honestly haven't had the need for a stand. Why do you guys build stands?

I have a work bench and honestly haven't had the need for a stand. Why do you guys build stands?

I dont have a work bench.
Also If I'm not mistaken, your car/truck should be elevated when stored so the tires/suspension dont sag.

Boy I have a hefty list in my shopping cart and will post what I'm purchasing later.
I have a question. I see that the cross wrench is about $10 and the Glow igniter is about $20. I then saw the Redcat racing Starer kit which had both of those and some tools along with it. Anyone use the Redcat racing items? Should I get the bundle for $25?

#4 - McCoy MC59 are a good all around plug
#6 - Dynamite is what I use
#10 - Any rechargeable with a meter - not much difference from brand to brand
#11 - Ofna Micro Fail Safe - small and reliable

Forget the blue wire IMO,just use the igniter on your list.

Check hopmeup. There prices are cheapest I can find. Iv gone over to pull start and had it for a day and not going back. My glow plug igniter was 5$ have a backup steering servo as they can be used for steering and throttle. Backup complete drive shaft. Backup e clips and shims, temp gauge is great IMO. Spring mount exhaust? Get some rpm arms and keep the old ones as a backup. Never know when ur going to one day break one and need one on the spot. That's all I can think of for now

I messaged SavageFan for the fail safe. I wanted to see the condition before I buy it.
Also, where did you get the Temp for $12 shipped?

I bought it for $20 and used it on my Revo. I'll sell it for $12 shipped.

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

I bought it for $20 and used it on my Revo. I'll sell it for $12 shipped.

Cancell that. Just checked the temp gauge and the temp cord is ripped. It is useless.

I've never been a keen user of fail-safes, as most RX's these days return to zero position, when the lose signal, and if your RX battery dies, your fail-safe becomes useless anyway.

But... I was looking on Ultimate Hobbies and spotted this... which I may even consider getting for mine. For 40 bucks, if it packs it in, its cheap enough just to buy another.

http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/store/VEN0605!1001/SMART+TEMP+FAIL+SAFE

Also, get yourself some hex drivers or a set of (the long ones with handles).
Best investment for a Revo - in terms of tools anyway.

Thats not such a bad idea. Adding this instead of a regular Dig temp gauge.

I've never been a keen user of fail-safes, as most RX's these days return to zero position, when the lose signal, and if your RX battery dies, your fail-safe becomes useless anyway.

But... I was looking on Ultimate Hobbies and spotted this... which I may even consider getting for mine. For 40 bucks, if it packs it in, its cheap enough just to buy another.

That's not such a good explanation bro. A lot of the 2.4 radio systems have a built in fail safe but not all of them. Anyone that runs a nitro rig NEEDS a fail safe. If your radio has one great,if not add one! It will help if there is signal interference,poor signal from your transmitter(batteries getting low) and it WILL work when the rx batteries die,it will kick in before they are completely dead. The only time it's useless is if the battery becomes disconnected from the system.

Nautcasprt6 I've got the redcat kit it works fine for me

Just out of curiosity, your planning on doing the ez-start, and a pull start?

If so........ How?