Toms Revo 3.3 5309 UK Thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomcoleman

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi there

Thought i would start my own thread (saves me posting pics everywhere)

I have a new Revo 3.3 5309 UK spec which i have just broken in and done a very small amount of bashing.

I have ordered allot of RPM parts which I'm waiting for them to turn up!!!

Heres my parts / pics so far.

Last edited:
just a small update got a few RPM bits arrive and a Nitro starter kit so i can have the bottle. As my Revo one broke!

Had some more toys arrive yesterday including the DX3S remote and some more RPM parts :-D

I'm prolly going to put them all tofether this weekend, I'm just reading up on how to install the Spektrum :whhooo:

Damn...that remote is wicked!!!

thanks i only ordered it because the out of the box one felt abit cheap and it shows me all the engine temp etc... :p:

Dynamite toolkit for the Revo just delivered, this should make rebuilding parts of it abit easier :hehe:

did some more updates to the car including LED mod, still trying to figure out the dx3s

i suggest you put FOC in. remove all that optidrive stuff. change it to pull start with a glow igniter. much easier and less crap you have to carry around. regardless of the belt clip...

2 steering servos will drain your battery more too. i removed mine and it works just as good as 2.... if you don't believe me all you have to do is take the link off one and do a lap to see. apart from that.

are you going to put a wheelie bar on? i know mine doesn't wanna stop doing wheelies all through first and that wing might not last too long if its rubbing on the ground :p

snowed in the UK today so had a quick bash

http://youtu.be/CjmrNGcz3t4?hd=1

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

i suggest you put FOC in. remove all that optidrive stuff. change it to pull start with a glow igniter. much easier and less crap you have to carry around. regardless of the belt clip...

2 steering servos will drain your battery more too. i removed mine and it works just as good as 2.... if you don't believe me all you have to do is take the link off one and do a lap to see. apart from that.

are you going to put a wheelie bar on? i know mine doesn't wanna stop doing wheelies all through first and that wing might not last too long if its rubbing on the ground :p

i dont want a FOC as i love the reverse ability specailyl when bashing...

I think i just need a Y connector? Some people say use both servo's as it tires out the single one.

mine doesn't seem to wheelie with the spolier and i have lowered the front compared to the back which keeps it very stable, was rolling over before i did that mod. :)

some snow bashing

after bashing in the snow i rearlized my full throttle was not giving me any power

After readign some forums and videos on youtube i decided that it might be the slipper clutch

took it out and tightened up, also reversed the pads, one of them was chipped/broken. I have ordered the heavy duty pads for future :)

any electrics fail after snow run? the first time i ran my revo in wet/damp grass and puddles yeh. throttle servo gone and major clean lol.

any electrics fail after snow run? the first time i ran my revo in wet/damp grass and puddles yeh. throttle servo gone and major clean lol.

no issues with leccy in the snow :)

I took her out again after that run then rearlized the slipper clutch was gone!!!

So had to go back in and take it apart to see what was going on

I'm trying to figure out how to remove the front arms, so i can replace them with RPM's but can't find any guides or videos at the moment :( :whhooo:

take off the front bar. and take off the skid plates on the underside. there are 2 metal rods you need to pull out on the top and 4 on the bottom half (bottom ones are not full rode hence 4 in total)

take off the front bar. and take off the skid plates on the underside. there are 2 metal rods you need to pull out on the top and 4 on the bottom half (bottom ones are not full rode hence 4 in total)

I'm a complete noob!!

is there a video i can follow? :p:

prob. but its very simple. if your not confident take photos. and also only do one side at a time so that you dont forget which holes and what not goes where. its simple and youll see why when u finish the job. only hard part is taking of the rest of the kit attached to the arms. but yeh as i said. once you get the front bar and the bottom skid plates off only do one side at a time.

what springs and preload measurement have you got ur shocks set at? and do those new red arms make it lower or is it just the suspension setup?

what springs and preload measurement have you got ur shocks set at? and do those new red arms make it lower or is it just the suspension setup?

Hi mate

I managed to take the ARMS off last night using your guide(ish) :)

It wasn't to bad once i worked it out how todo it, took me about 1hr todo one ARM but now i know how todo it should be a 30min job for the other side

I also ordered some new toe links that arrived which are meant to be stronger and lighter...

Also have some RPM thread heads for going on the end of the toe links coming soon as well :)

Back