revs but won't go

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shepdawg20

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey I have a Revo 3.3 and I just changed the gear ratio from a 38 tooth spur to a 40 tooth spur I think I have the gears meshed right when put back together but when I run it it just revs up but barley moves its like its not engaging from the clutch to the transmission any ideas on how to solve this thanks Shepdawg20

I'd say you not only have a loose slipper clutch but also posted in the wrong section:). When you put the new spur on did you count how many turns out the slipper was set at so you could put it back at the same setting?

No I didn't had no idea sorry I'm a newbie

Theres a little spring on the post where your spurgear is. This is the slipper unit that will take excess strain going to your drivetrain and act as a relief of sorts allowing some excess pressure to "slip" and save alot of your drivetrain from bieng replaced. That bieng said I dont know how many turns you should have it out for a revo. The 3 Monster Trucks I have are all completely locked or tightened so I get instant wheelies when I want. This is me though and not owning a revo I'm not sure you can do the same thing without damage. Read around I'm sure youll get an answer.