Help will go forward not back

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traxxrt

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok so I have my revo out running up and down my road. I was full throttle and BOOM I stopped dead in its traxx haha and it locked up I took it in the shop and got it unlocked started it up and now it will go forward fine but not backward. The engine revs up and makes this ticking noise. Help what do I do.

reverse is gone. put a forward only conversion in and ull be good

Yup, your reverse gear has taken a poop! Pieces of it are everywhere inside of the transmission. Take it apart before running it again and install a FOC kit!

Thanks guys not really what I wanted to hear but u got to do what u got to do I guess. Hard to believe my revo as a cripple but thanks

Yep foc is the way to go. I don't know why Traxxas even bothered to put reverese back in the REVO especially with that opti-drive mess. Reverse just makes the transmission weaker.

Ok so with the foc my revo will be stronger what else will it help

saves money on the crappy f/r servo. mine went out in the frist week i had it.

it reduces a fair bit of weight. once you take the optidrive, servo, and all the gears and crap ull see. i also recommend taking out the left steering servo. its not needed for general bashing and will increase your battery life by a bit as they wont be fighting. put that steering servo in place of ur throttle/brake. its stronger. :)

Back