Revo 3.3 not starting anymore.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nautcasprt6

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well I got my Revo 3.3 a few days ago and I wanted to do the Break-In today. Temperature is not that bad at 46 degrees.
Anyway, i went ahead and warmed up the head, put a sock on it (dont get any ideas) and it would try and start. I did this a few times and it started but immediatly shuts off. I tried making it a little rich and it helped a lil but kept on shutting off.
After countless attempts at trying to start the car, it now doesn't start at all. I am not getting the glow light on the ez start. I went ahead and put a new glow plug and still not light.
I didnt even get a chance to do 1 tank of gas....arghhh.
What can it be?

Thanks in advance....

You really need to warm it up with a hair dryer then try starting it. Try to get it nice and warm because it'll cool quickly once you step outside.

After I saw that it stopped starting all together, i actually brought it in the house and warmed it with a hair dryer again to test and see if it starts and it did not.
Even if the engine is cold, should the glow plug at least light up?

You really need to warm it up with a hair dryer then try starting it. Try to get it nice and warm because it'll cool quickly once you step outside.

Yes it should light up. Make sure your idle gap is 1mm or less and try leaning the lsn 1/8th turn til it starts.

If you press the ezstart button without plugging into the carr, do both the motor and glow plug light up?
On mine only the motor light turns on.

without it plugged into the car only the motor light will come on, its not getting a complete circuit on the glowplug side so that light will not come on (unless plugged into car AND the glowplug is good.

Thats so strange.
After the truck wasn't starting at all yesterday, I stored it for the night but put the ezstart on the charger.
This morning I go to start it and heard it try and turn over. So it looks like it may be good now.
My question is, how long does the ezstart battery last?

Last edited:
It's impossible to say how long the battery will last, but charge it anyway.
Your engine may have been flooded.

a little advice to you is ditch the easy start and get some kind of roto start and a good glow plug heater. The easy starters go dead quick if the engine does not start and as soon as the battery in the easy start starts discharging it does not heat the glow plug enought to start the truck. You can easily pick up the same starter system that the savages use. Hope this hepls

Well after much stress, the engine is now broken in. Didnt have a chance to really drive it or tune it yet, but ill attempt that this week.
For some reason, i am not sure if it hits 2nd gear and it sometimes bogs after holding full throttle for 1-2 seconds.
Any suggestions before I start tuning?

It's too lean.
Make sure the slipper clutch is ok, most new revos and maxxes need about 1/8th to 1/4 turn clockwise after break-in.

THanks Revo. Everything seems to be ok now but I'm posting a different thread since starting is now a breeze....temperature perminiting.

It's too lean.
Make sure the slipper clutch is ok, most new revos and maxxes need about 1/8th to 1/4 turn clockwise after break-in.