Good deal?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richardtf

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi guys, is his a good deal? $250 shipped, less than a year old,but in the picture it looks like badly beaten;;; i have a few hours to think about it:)

IMAG0143.gif

IMAG0139.gif

IMAG0140.gif

IMAG0141.gif

IMAG0142.gif

IMAG0147.gif

IMAG0144.gif

IMAG0145.gif

IMAG0146.gif

Looks like a rip off to me, I'd say don't buy it

Well whats wrong with it? Other then beat to a pulp. Does the motor still work well?
Take into consideration that IF you do buy it, what will you be replacing and whats the cost.......

Eww, thats garbage, I would make him deep clean it and if its local, check it out prior too, but just by lookin, no thanks.

Well whats wrong with it? Other then beat to a pulp. Does the motor still work well?
Take into consideration that IF you do buy it, what will you be replacing and whats the cost.......

owner said engine is fine, my real concern is like you said its beaten to a pulp, i wouldn't know what needs to be replace until i tear it apart

I would offer him $200, if that is a 36t spur on that tranny and its rubbing on the collar of that air filter, the chassis is bent, it looks pretty close to me.

I would offer him $200, if that is a 36t spur on that tranny and its rubbing on the collar of that air filter, the chassis is bent, it looks pretty close to me.

That is a revo 3.3 (5309 version), when I had mine the air filter was always close to the spur gear, but the newer revos came with an extra little piece of metal underneath the engine mount that strengthened that part of the chassis, so no its not bent.

I agree with you though, I wouldn't pay anymore than $200 for it. When someone is to lazy to even clean up the truck and post pictures of it in this condition, the usually were too lazy to take care of the truck and now theres most likely some major problems with it.

That is a revo 3.3 (5309 version), when I had mine the air filter was always close to the spur gear, but the newer revos came with an extra little piece of metal underneath the engine mount that strengthened that part of the chassis, so no its not bent.

I agree with you though, I wouldn't pay anymore than $200 for it. When someone is to lazy to even clean up the truck and post pictures of it in this condition, the usually were too lazy to take care of the truck and now theres most likely some major problems with it.

I know they run close, but there is no reason for it to be rubbing against the neck of the filter because the one that comes with the 3.3 to wrap around the spur and be close.

I know they run close, but there is no reason for it to be rubbing against the neck of the filter because the one that comes with the 3.3 to wrap around the spur and be close.

If you look closely in the last picture the air filter is not rubbing on the spur gear at all.

Okay, first pic looks like but I see it now.

Okay, first pic looks like but I see it now.

Yea the way those new air filters are curved is weird. It like makes a hard left and kinda goes up a little bit, I see where you were coming from though. Traxxas definitely should've thought about this a little better though before releasing them, I always hated having to put the air filter back on because it was so difficult to get on the engine.

I would start the offer at $150 because it is so nasty.

First impressions make a HUGE impact.

It would take a week to get it tore down and cleaned, I would start at 150 also.

Something that dirty and scratched to hell shows the old owner never really took care of it but just beat the snot out of it. Its sad to see a rig in that poor of shape. I'd even go $125 to start. It may be lowball but hes trying to sell a pile of dirt with a rc in it!!!

Ask for pics of the bottom also, that will confirm severity of the beating .

Anything used you have to assume the motor is junk, so that's about $100 right there. Judging by the outer condition maintenance wasn't a big priority.

$150 wouldn't be too bad.

I agree with phins fan. Offer 100 bucks. For 200 bucks you can find something nice. Keep an eye on ebay