Revo Steering Servo Upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I myself am curious on this, I want to cut down to just one steering servo and upgrade throttle, definatly WP and cheap lol

i think its a bit overkill ...i use just one of the stock servos for my steering and it works just fine ....but going a bit stronger than stock is a good idea ( i will when my servos die ) around 200oz is more than enough for the revo if you ask me..

and those prices are just silly ..i would never pay that for a servo

Last edited:
So one factory steering servo has the push to do both wheels? Nice, and would I just unbolt one steering servo and diconnect from the steering link?

i also did the same as above, single is more than enough. and its stronger than the stock throttle/brake servo too :) i just keen a spare steering servo in my box as there only $30. that way I'm covered if either one breaks.

Nice! if I didnt have to go to bed for work tonight I would love to do this.

Just got back from almost my last tank I had, and this thing runs STRONG and very fluent as well! I am very impressed with this rig overall.

Nice! if I didnt have to go to bed for work tonight I would love to do this.

Just got back from almost my last tank I had, and this thing runs STRONG and very fluent as well! I am very impressed with this rig overall.

i like the revo ...has good speed and is a decent basher ..and i also like the way they are built ..i love that suspension :D.....i would not trade or sell my revos for anything ...well...maybe 1 of them if the deal is good :hehe:

yes the travel is awesome :p

btw thats a 1L bottle

Last edited:
i think its a bit overkill ...i use just one of the stock servos for my steering and it works just fine ....but going a bit stronger than stock is a good idea ( i will when my servos die ) around 200oz is more than enough for the revo if you ask me..

and those prices are just silly ..i would never pay that for a servo

Stock servos are 120 oz each, so anything less than 240 oz for a single servo and you are losing performance compared to stock double servo. If you run big tires like Trenchers, a single stock servo will not cut it. The ones linked would be a great improvement over stock.

You just won't know how bad your steering is (was) until you get a real servo in there! :D:D:D:D

i like the revo ...has good speed and is a decent basher ..and i also like the way they are built ..i love that suspension :D.....i would not trade or sell my revos for anything ...well...maybe 1 of them if the deal is good :hehe:

Yeah I sure as hell have no need to buy a savage after I got this Revo lol. I hit a rock (unmovable) almost 1/2 throttle and it didnt do anything except lightly bend the pushbar. Thank god those pushbars are in front of the arms or I would have feared the worse lol

I'm using trenchers with one stock servo and I don't have any problems, so I went with a Hitec HS-7985MG for my steering servo on my second revo I'm building. It's rated at 172oz/6.0v.

This is a very nice servo, I use it for my baja as a thottle/brake servo...Anyone who knows baja's knows that brakeing is poop without a good servo. My brake pretty much lock up anytime on any surface now! I sent you a PM if these are still available

Stock servos are 120 oz each, so anything less than 240 oz for a single servo and you are losing performance compared to stock double servo. If you run big tires like Trenchers, a single stock servo will not cut it. The ones linked would be a great improvement over stock.

You just won't know how bad your steering is (was) until you get a real servo in there! :D:D:D:D

you can't actually say that 2 servos make 240 oz.... they are fighting against each other half the time and you would prob get 200oz by time the energy is lost with the way its setup. main thing is when your moving it doesn't take much to turn the wheels. the single servo work for most people.

btw that servo listed above for what $80 isnt waterproof...... so for $30 for a 2075 servo I'm pretty keen to keep to them.

you can't actually say that 2 servos make 240 oz.... they are fighting against each other half the time and you would prob get 200oz by time the energy is lost with the way its setup. main thing is when your moving it doesn't take much to turn the wheels. the single servo work for most people.

btw that servo listed above for what $80 isnt waterproof...... so for $30 for a 2075 servo I'm pretty keen to keep to them.

You can waterproof anything my good friend.

I used a PPP servo 250oz it works good with a rechargable battery pack. I've heard good and bad about I will see :D

I've got one single Futuba S3305 on my revo steering and it works great. Plenty of torque and fast enough for me. It cost $54.75 new at my lhs.

Spec wise it's weak, and slow compared to the Hitec. Even tho it is a smidge cheaper.

Back