Starting problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REVO-5309

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys, revo runs really well but when starting cold" it is a pain in the butt, if i lean out the lsn it will sometimes start and idle but generally i just pin the throttle now and get it to 1/3-1/2 speed and just do a lap and its fine...

another problem I'm having which could be related is that after its warmed up it will just randomly stop sometimes... like doesn't start to stall, it will just come off anywhere between 1/2 - full throttle and just dehhhh....

also could this be an air leak problem?

Last edited:
you should at least have your engine up to room temp or higher when you start it. as for it stalling it could be an air leak but it is probably just your tune. sound like it could be running a little lean. try starting from factory settings and retune 4 full turn out from closed on the hsn and 2 3/4 full turns from closed on the hsn. what fuel? i hope its not traxxas!

na its AT RACING 20% nitro. i will try factory but i know on the HSN I'm already a turn or possibly more rich so i doubt thats lean and the LSN iv got flush or half a turn rich also... ill give it a go anyway.

I have ran traxxas 20% throughout my interest in nitro and its some badass stuff IMO.
But yeah try to run a tad rich'r and it should be alright, mine did the same thing 2 days ago, right before it hit 2nd gear.

yeh, well iv had it happen on throttle once or twice before but this has mainly been when coming back to idle. and my glow plug for the last half dozen runs is looking fine. no warping and a slight gold/bronze colour and usually has oil on it. thats right isnt it?

Have you tried a fresh glow plug? As a rule a hard to start truck that runs good has an old plug. Try putting in a new one to see if that helps

Sent from my X10a

yeh ill give it a go i think.