oil

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jk6672

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
When looking for different oil, is there a brand better than another or is oil oil as long as its the weight you want?

I think that there really isn't a difference between the brands.

it would be one of those things where what bottle of water should you buy from the shop... i know over here in Australia mt Franklin i think tastes more like your typical water where as the others have a treated taste. but that's my opinion. everyone would have there own and at the end of the day its water.... oil is oil...

---------- Post added at 8:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:36 AM ----------

just depends what flavored water you want.... or what weight oil ;)

If were talkin shock oil I just started rebuilding with Associated. If your talking diff oil theres not alot of choices that I've seen but I use Koyosho. I dont think theres alot of difference between mfr's either but I just started changing fluids so my experiences are limited so...............just my .02

it would be one of those things where what bottle of water should you buy from the shop... i know over here in Australia mt Franklin i think tastes more like your typical water where as the others have a treated taste. but that's my opinion. everyone would have there own and at the end of the day its water.... oil is oil...

---------- Post added at 8:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:36 AM ----------

just depends what flavored water you want.... or what weight oil ;)

Agreed. Mt Franklin does taste like proper water, compared to the fluoride-infused flavours of other brands.

Oils are just oils. Branding doesn't matter. Chemical compositions will vary slightly between silicone oils, but nothing that really matters much. If its just for your basher, don't give it much thought, any brand will do.

But..... if you do want a good quality oil, I'll also agree with Phins Fan - Associated. That, or Tamiya is my personal favourite.

Back