Revo 2.5 bargain

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runnin2live

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I just bought a revo 2.5 with a blue cooling head, not the original silver, for $150 with tons of parts and extra supplies. This kid had no idea what to do with nitro. It looks really clean. I will post more as I go through it. I am super excited, it will be my big block revo soon. My 3.3 will stay stock for a while.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

It came with an extra tx, sweet fast charger which I needed, extra fuel tank, shock rebuild kits and some extra batteries.
It does need some work, but I got it running last night after I ripped everything apart. Engine had great pinch.
More to come

Well, I got it running, it is really hard starting and the temp is all over the place on the engine. It runs strong but seems super rich, when I lean it out the temp shoots over 300 and keeps climbing. It is solid as for the roller. It will become a big block before too long. I have an extra gs b01 .21 to drop in I just need a back plate for it. I hope to find parts for it

How about we have a moderator shoot you up with a little too much!!!^^

Lol, disregard, the post above me was a spammer, until Rolex nuked 'em.

Last edited:
How about we have a moderator shoot you up with a little too much!!!^^
Whats this supossed to mean? Lol sounds kind of threatening, if it is I am not sure where your coming from?

shoot you up with a little to much ???????? oooooooooooooooooooooook.

no, realy, makes perfect sence.

^^Uh huh,,,,,,

I got my 2.5 for $150 as well. It likes to run high temps as well, but I've been work on it trying to find the perfect balance. It seems when it's running the high temps, it loves to fly, but I know that isn't good for the engine.

Whats this supossed to mean? Lol sounds kind of threatening, if it is I am not sure where your coming from?
It was directed at a spammer who had 6 posts in a row dealing with some kind of off-market drug. It seems confusing now that those posts are all gone.

Everyone seems to be directing me to an air leak. The engine was checked when I put it back together. So, the tank is next. Pics to come

Make sure that you seal the engine, as that will help with air leaks as well.

When I had my revo I was chasing a tune forever. If you don't have an airleak watch the screws on the carb and see if they are moving. Might be a long shot but you never know.

It is alway a good ideal to reseal a engine when you get a used nitro engine. It is quite simple

I pulled the engine and tank and leak tested both. Tank is good, however, I did find the air leak on the from bearing. I good amount of air is coming out. SO, I took the engine apart and after I pulled the cooling head off I decided to give it some rotation on the crank and there seems to be a flat spot if you will when the piston is at its highest point. The piston goes up and stops for about 1/12 or so of the rotation. Once past the flat spot it comes on down and cycles properly until it gets back to the top. Sounds like a wrist pin or wollered out rod. I stopped there. I am really thinking about cutting bate on the whole thing and selling to give someone else the bargain I got. As I said before, I have a brand new 3.3 that I wanted to leave stock and build this one. I'm not feeling the build right now......

just pull it apart. the worst that happens is u rebuild it or send it back to traxxas for a replacement.

you should post up pics of this thing.

Even if it has that "dead spot" it should still run ok, unless it's real bad.

Back