Buying: Revo 3.3 or Slayer Pro 4x4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nautcasprt6

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well newbie to the forums but not new to the RC world.
I know this is the Revo section, but maybe someone here has both models.

I've had a Ofna Buggy, HPI Car, and Airplane (to scared to fly). Its been almost 10 years since I had my cars but I've long sold them.
I want to get back into the game, but now I want a Baja or Truck, but not sure which to get.
I've narrowed them down to Traxxas Revo 3.3 and Slayer Pro 4x4.
The Revo is nice cause I can bash it and still keep driving at the end of the day, but I like the Slayer cause of its speed and handlinig. I dont have any tracks where I live, but I have a public baseball field where I would use these unless I happen to stumble across a track.
Which would reccommend and why?

Also, one question, is the Slayer capable of changing to a Truck if I chagne the tires and axles or is there more to it?

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year
Bert

Wrong place to put a Wanted thread buddy, the slayer pro is ALMOST the same layout as the Revo, same chassis and layout. I would go with the Revo, can't really "bash" as good with a slayer as you can an MT!

i have a revo and from factory you can change the suspension and steering setup a fair bit, soft and long travel to stiff and sfa travel and much more.

Back