Revo 3.3 Upgrades and model number

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomcoleman

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi there

I'm expecting to take delivery of the revo soon (going to order in a few days)

What is the latest model/revision of the Revo 3.3??

Also i have read about a change that people make stright away something todo with the forward system or something

Can anyone help, I'm in the UK best price i have seen the Revo 3.3 for is £440 :p:

It's a forward only shaft for the transmission, to eliminate reverse, which makes the truck a bit more reliable.
Model # 5309 is the latest 3.3 revo, but was also the first 3.3 revo, if that makes any sense.

It's a forward only shaft for the transmission, to eliminate reverse, which makes the truck a bit more reliable.
Model # 5309 is the latest 3.3 revo, but was also the first 3.3 revo, if that makes any sense.

ahh i get the forward only bit , not to sure what you mean about first and last revo's :\

#5310 is the 2.5 short chassis, then there's the 5309 3.3 revo.
After that the 5308 came out, which is just a 5309 with a couple tweaks. Then the 5304 platinum revo gets thrown into the mix, followed by the current 5309.

#5310 is the 2.5 short chassis, then there's the 5309 3.3 revo.
After that the 5308 came out, which is just a 5309 with a couple tweaks. Then the 5304 platinum revo gets thrown into the mix, followed by the current 5309.

so which model do i need to order to get the latest revo 3.3 ? :D

#5309 is the only one in production now, just make sure you're getting the newer version with a 2.4 ghz radio and 6.3 inch tires.

#5309 is the only one in production now, just make sure you're getting the newer version with a 2.4 ghz radio and 6.3 inch tires.

ahh perfect the one I'm looking at is 5309 with 2.4Ghz :)

So its the latest one :) thanks for your help!!!

just need to work out what forward kit thing i need to buy now?? (I'm in UK) :whhooo:

If you think you will be okay eliminating reverse or dont have the need, then a FOC (forward only conversion) would be dandy to order as well, but if you keep it, make DAMN sure you are fully stopped before reversing or "SNAP" The end..

The new Revo has 6.3" tires?! Wow thats a big A tire!

If you think you will be okay eliminating reverse or dont have the need, then a FOC (forward only conversion) would be dandy to order as well, but if you keep it, make DAMN sure you are fully stopped before reversing or "SNAP" The end..

The new Revo has 6.3" tires?! Wow thats a big A tire!

sounds like i need the upgrade, what FOC kit should i buy the offical one from traxxx? :\

The 6.3 tire is the same tire that comes on the T-MAXX 3.3 and the Summit. My Savage XL came with 6.7 tires!

thanks for the advice guys :)

make sure you buy:
spare slipper clutch kit (pads sometimes go missing if u over look it)
glow plugs (incase you need to put a new one in)
blue glow plug wire (they break when u crash it as there a wire on the top of the motor that just breaks easy)
glow plug wrench (the one that comes with it is extremely ***)
temp gun or a on-board temp display ($20 ish)
super glue is always handy to have in ur kit

most of that is pretty cheap and if you buy it from the states as thats generally where there cheapest then get it thrown in with the order, saves on postage. i got my 5309 for $550USD back in September.

iv just gone as bought a whole heap of stuff for it and placing another order atm with a heap of little things like yoke stub axels, new spring mount exhaust and spring, new cooling head as some of the fins have broken off, pull start for when/if my eazy start karks it, new linkage set, already got the FOC, vented disc, spool in the rear, RPM arms, and yeh, few other things :p its quite addictive

Just saw the Copy and Paste function for me Revo, LOL.

What are the Pros and Cons to FOC other than the SNAP?

Less breakage as you already know, less mass to turn, one less servo, no optidrive, and a slight weight savings.

No optidrive also means no low voltage protection, so keep your rx pack charged!

thanks for the information :)

I just got delivery of my Revo 3.3 :-D

WOOooooo

I have some tornado fuel 25% on route as well ;-)

nice and shinny. i remember when mine use to look like that :p then yeh i took out out and run it :p

---------- Post added at 8:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:38 PM ----------

PS cross drill the rear pins where the body clips on. the pins get smashed when u flip it....

---------- Post added at 8:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:39 PM ----------

also now i think about it. remove the left steering servo and put it in place of the throttle/brake servo. much better as the servos aren't fighting each other. and its a stronger servo for throttle and breaking.

^^ Anything else? ^^ :hehe:

God I can't wait for my REVO! Good lookin rig buddy

Back