Best 3S Lipos for an E-revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWK322

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hello fellow Revo owners,

This is a two part question and a personal survey. I would like to know A) What is the three "top runner" 3S Lipos for the E-Revo in your opinion? and B) What are the three "Best value" 3S Lipos for the E-Revo in you opinion?

I'm asking because I'm looking to buy some form my E-Revo Brushless, which is mostly stock (sway bars, center CVDs and Castle Link mods). If you could rank them as such or close to it that would be great.

#1 - Brand name, Model name(if applicable), C rating, Mah rating, other facts or opinion why.
#2 - Same as above for #2
#3 - " " "

Value
#1 - See "Top" #1
#2 - I hope you have gotten the picture by now
#3 - Ditto

If you also have other suggestions, questions or comments (hopefully not of the lewd persuasion unless they are funny and in jest) post them up too.

the best lipos are what you can afford. I've used sky lipos and they are great. i dont think the money you pay for a battery really matters either. run a battery that meets the specs the speed control is rated for and go with it. hobbypartz.com or hobbyking have good batteries at a good price. i wont spend 150 on a lipo when i can get the same one for 40

i personally use a set of Max Amps 5450mah 3s lipos on mine and i love them, with a true 150c burst rating you will be hard pressed to find a better battery

Last edited:
Revo rob,
what is the dimentions of those? I bought a set of 5000mah 3s 25c duratracks onyx packs and they fit into the Revo's battery slots so tight I was afraid it would damage the packs eventually or if it suffered any hard landing it would damage them. I guess I'm a little cautious becase of some of the fragileness of Lipos and their cost too.

I'm lovin my Turnigy 5000 mah 35c packs....they were cheap, right around $110 for 2 batteries.

Revo rob,
what is the dimentions of those? I bought a set of 5000mah 3s 25c duratracks onyx packs and they fit into the Revo's battery slots so tight I was afraid it would damage the packs eventually or if it suffered any hard landing it would damage them. I guess I'm a little cautious becase of some of the fragileness of Lipos and their cost too.

if you order them directly from max amps they will fit the battery compartment perfectly, the only thing you may need to remove is the stupid thing on the top of the inside of the compartment. . .i did and my batteries are still in just as good of shape as the day i got them minus some scratches and stuff but now rips or tears in the cover

Back