engines for revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick_

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey guys its time to give my revo some more pep. was thinking of putting in an os .28 was just wondering if anyone has done it here and how it turned out? thx

I have run a Picco .26 Maxx with good results. There are a few guys here that have run a .28, but you will need a different motor mount, starting system and exhaust. You only need to get an OFNA motor mount for the Picco, as most of the accessories on the 3.3 will bolt right up to it.

I have an LRP28S3 in mine and it's a PITA to drive. Had to gear it up some to keep it from flipping when it shifted into second, then started smoking the 1/8 scale teflon clutch I put on it and went aluminum. Now it's fast and a real handful to drive. Fun though.

I was thinking of finding a "cheap" 21 to use when spring rolls around... Not cheap quality per say, just cheap $. May just buy a dynamite 21 or 26 to throw in it. Or, just drive it as it is. Would like it to be a bit less of an animal at lower speeds though.

is there much difference between the picco .26 jl-red dot and the regular picco .26

olds what mount and pipe are you using?

olds what mount and pipe are you using?

New era BB kit
Duratrax Warhead Manifold
Losi HT pipe

Can find the pipe on ebay a lot cheaper. It's what comes on the LST2/XXL. Had to modify it a bit to use with the header I'm using. But it ran so well with the LRP on my savage and aftershock that I kind of stuck with it on the revo.

I cut the header in half and extended it a bit since the pipe is kind of fat so I could have a hair more room between the pipe and roll bar for a body to squeeze between. I drilled extra holes in the header flange so I could use 2 springs vs 1 for more strength. Without the extra spring, it was chewing through gaskets pretty quick.

I cobbled together a mount for the end of the pipe that allowed for a bit of flex, but was solid overall as I kept busting typical mount wires. Having the pipe hang so far off the chassis is more than any wire I could find could deal with without snapping over time. Even tried an allen wrench, but it proved too brittle and snapped. I used 1/4" steel rod and 1/8" steel rod. 1/4" to bolt to the chassis with an eye on each end. The 1/8" rod with an eye on one end to bolt to the 1/4" rod and the other end to go through the pipe mount. I used collars and fuel tube to squeeze the pipe in place to allow for a bit of vibration/flex but still hold the pipe solidly in place.

I'm using a heavier threaded end piano wire than the new era kit supplies for throttle. I wanted the servo to have positive pressure when braking and I also wanted to ditch the z-bends to remove slop.

Overall, it looks pretty hack, but works out well for a basher like me.

Exhaust/engine from the side:
2012-0108-RevoExhaustSide.jpg

Top:
2012-0108-RevoTopBodyOff.jpg

Hacked pipe mount:
2012-0108-RevoExhaustMount.jpg

was just gonna use traxxasa resonator pipe and header. was gonna get the ofna motor mount

^^That's for the 26 right? I would look for a new era picco 26 mount, because your adjustment will be limited with the ofna one.

whats a good on store for rc stuff. I've found a few but I'm new to this so was just wondering some opinions thx

I am pretty sure it is just the crankshaft which is drilled and filled with red filler to improve rpm.

no. Was for any normal big block.

Sorry, that was meant for nick. The ofna mount for the picco 26 has very little adjustment......I'd look for the new era picco mount.
The resonator will work, but it's known for holding the 26's power back quite a bit.

Back