cluchbell bareing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigdog610

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have a 3.3 revo and it keeps eating cluchbell bareing can anyone help?

make sure its shimmed. if its not ull be going through bearings after every 2nd tank.

Also check for wear on the crankshaft bearing surface, bad bearings can eat away the surface and cause issues with new bearings...
I keep extras in my box, and change them frequently, if they still feel good after changing, i soak the old ones in Mobil 1 motor oil, and keep them
in a sealed container for later reuse. Pay close attention to your gear mesh, you may be overtightening as well....

Last edited:
Thanks for the help

shimed cluch bell and revo ran good but the dam thing broke the cluch bell gear ? have you ever have that happin ?

u broke the steel clutch bell or the spur gear? my spur shredded a couple tanks after i fixed my shims but thats cuz when the bearings broke it took chunks out of the spur gear...

pics of the cb?

shimed cluch bell and revo ran good but the dam thing broke the cluch bell gear ? have you ever have that happin ?

I’ve seen it happen a few times with people running a stock clutch bell and hardened steel spur.

A clutch bell bearing that fails often and quickly is usually attributed to the mesh between the bell and spur being too tight.

Back