Proline Trencher x 40s?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REVO-5309

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys, I'm awaiting parts from the states for my revo, one of which is a spool for the rear, i do mainly dirt bashing, sometimes grass and the odd straight line strap on bitumen. are these tires any good and are there others around that are cheaper and do practically the same thing? and what about prices?

also the offset, these are a 1/2" offset which means they stick out 1/2" more than the normal tires right?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Proline-...pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item58917ceba2

---------- Post added at 9:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:47 AM ----------

also would i just be better off buying a set of the rims and buying the stocko rubber as it would be 20$ or so cheaper?

and how much of a pain in the butt is it to remove the glued rubber off a rim?

Be careful when running on road with a spool, even in sand I have snapped rear drive shafts using a rear spool.

Is not fun removing tires from rims... not impossible, but not something I look forward to doing.

Those look like some nice rims/tires. 1/2" offset means 1/2 wider than "standard". Has to do with where the axle hub is in reference to the rim. Harder on bearings, but more stable.

I like the traxxas newer tires: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-TRAX...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4842f80b8d
Set of 4 tires/wheels for $80 isn't bad, not great, but not bad either. I think I paid $60 on ebay for my last set.

Those are also 1/2 offset. I run them on my revo and really like them. Have the same tire on my savage, but standard offset 17mm wheels. They seem to wear good on many surfaces, but I spend 80% of my time in grass. Little bit of concrete running at a skate park.

yeh there the tires that came on my factory.

iv already removed 2 tires from the rims using the boiling method. 2 to go. basically got the foam wet so i have to take em out to dry them

I like the factory tires too, and I'd like the wheels better if they came black or black chrome. I bought a set of axial wheels and RCplanet and they recommended the trenchers for them.

I have the 40 series trenchers, I have ran them hard a few times and they still look new when clean, IMO these are great tires for bashing.

I agree i have them on my revo there sweet but now need bigger engine to turn them :)

Back