Help REQUIRED :)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattstrath

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi guys I'm new on this site and getting back into the R/c stuff.
I bought my son a Traxxas 4-tech for xmas and all was good for a few days but now we are having problems with the ez-start. It is not warming the glow plug, i replaced the plug as i though that might be the problem but still no start.
Wondered if you guys might be able to lend some of your experiences to try remedy the problems.

Cheers

Matt

The glow plug wire (blue) isnt favoured much with the EZ start system, most people cut the blue wire off and buy a glow plug ignitor and use that as their blue wire. Also the blue wire will get destroyed with a couple flips on that Tec. Just my .02 but I would cut the blue.

HPi.

Cheers for that I'm going to the local dealer tomorrow to nuy a glow plug and take it from their. FINGERS crossed i get it going as my son has had me pulling the thing to bits tonight about ready to throw it out of the window. Hahahahaha.
Will hopefully be a happy bunny and report back on it tomorrow.

Cheers

Matt

Since you bought it for Christmas, I'm going to assume that it's also brand new and it's cold where you are. Make sure that you break it in right, and if it's below 60F (16C) that you wrap the cooling head. If it's cold it will take forever to start the thing. You can warm it up with a hair dryer first to get it going.

A seperate glow ignitor is a good and cheap upgrade, since the ez-start wands tend to have problems internally.

Hi guys the Glow stick is working perfectly now.
I have one other question, when I'm starting the car i cannot get it to stay in one place when i start it. For example the drive goes straight to the wheels instead of just staying where it is and idling. Not sure if I'm explaining it rite but i could post a vid on youtube if any of you guys think it might help.

Cheers

Matt

Could be a number of things, Best bet would be to reset the needles to factory default settings (It's listed in the owners manual). More than likely the idle screw is not set right. I'd suggest checking all of that first

A video is always helpful. I would not touch the needles until you can confirm if the clutch is broke or not.
9 times out of 10 it's the clutch.

Okay guys i will get a vid up, iv bee called away for work so I'm trying to get my son to upload a vid.

Clutch spring sounds good to me, would you guys commend an upgraded one of stick with the traxxas one?
Cheers
Matt:D

Clutch spring

Okay guys i will get a vid up, iv bee called away for work so I'm trying to get my son to upload a vid.

Clutch spring sounds good to me, would you guys commend an upgraded one of stick with the traxxas one?
Cheers
Matt:D[/QUO

My local hobby store (LHS), at one time sold some "MIP" brand clutch springs that seemed to last well, seems to me that those went together better than the tiny curled ends of the Traxxas branded ones as well.....

The mip is good, but a 3 piece is the way to go. There's quite a few different brands....St racing, buku, M2c, Integy... just to name a few.

Cheers
Matt:D[/QUO

My local hobby store (LHS), at one time sold some "MIP" brand clutch springs that seemed to last well, seems to me that those went together better than the tiny curled ends of the Traxxas branded ones as well.....

Mip spring set
DONE.
Just need to wait till I'm home and hopefully get this baby back on the road.

Cheers

:D