What

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jk6672

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Since I understand that the Slayer 4x4 and the Revo 3.3 are pretty much the same, I was wondering what's the difference between the CDK's besides color?

Revo:

6590435669_3e1cf39999_z.png

Slayer:

6590428407_e53566caa3_z.png

Last edited:
The Revo 3.3 and Slayer Pro use the same chassis. The Slayer uses the shorter Revo 2.5 chassis.

Oh, now I see your pics. The slayer has a higher gear ratio. That's why the center diff gear is smaller, because the one driving it is bigger.

so there is more to it then when converting between these two other than putting smaller tires, changing bumper, and body.

Yeah, you need all the stuff in the thread I linked, and there may be something missing from that list. Which truck do you have now? You can do it with whatever second gear you have, (close, standard, wide ratio), that will work no matter what.

I have a 5309, but I also have a couple more chassis, bulkheads, etc. My plan is to piece together a revo for street and another for dirt but I started thinking maybe the third could be build into a slayer.

I'm waiting on my slayer parts right now. I'm going to have my .27 powered 5309 and a modded 18tm powered slayer pro.

Back