Questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jk6672

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have a few questions and I'm just going to put them all in one thread.

1. I was looking around on eBay and I noticed (or they appeared to be) the 5309 chassis for sale different shades of blue, is it the lighting or are there in fact different shades of blue?

2. Has anyone ever sanded the anodizing off the chassis and polished it?

3. I have my Revo apart currently and I believe I read somewhere that you can up grade the differentials from the 3.3 with parts from the E Revo. I'm interested in doing this, can someone point me in the parts I'll need?

4. Since I'm planning to piece a Revo together, I was (obvious newbie question) could I use one controller with two receivers in different?

5. What are the best bulkheads, if you wanted other than Traxxas brand?

6. Why do I see some servo delete's? Is one better than two?

Last edited:
This video was submited by a member/vendor here on RCNT for de-anodizing alloy parts.

I have personally tried sanding anodize off and it is a big ugly mess so I would reccomend this to save troubles.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLvxMJ5_WZE"]Tutorial: De-anodizing Aluminum on your RC Car - YouTube[/ame]

Does anyone know where I could send off a chassis to be anodized a different color?

i just sand blasted with silica sand and automotive paint went on it ... dupont to be exact works great

Back