Carnage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jk6672

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Today was a bad day for the Revo. I was running in a dirt field behind a housing development and I didn’t see this chunk of broken concrete sticking out of the ground about the height of a curb. I hit is so hard it the rear flipped over the front. The verdict, I broke my new RD logics front skid plate, Broke left front A arms, and broke screw holes off front bulkhead for skid plate. I know I’m replacing the TRX A arms with RPM, but is there a alternative for the front bulkhead or should I stick with the Traxxas bulkheads?

The traxxas bulkheads usually hold up just fine. I've had my revo for three years and havent broken one. Id stay away from the rd logics skidplates. Look and see of rpm makes those as well.

The stock ones hold up really well for me. Not sure if there are any alloy ones out there and with the abuse the stockers can take, probably isn't worth the $ even if you do find some.

I feel for you though, I did the same thing when breaking in my LRP in my savage. Was just wrapping up tank 15 or so, so was able to wrap it out pretty good and it was flying in 3rd gear... until I hit a 4 inch concrete curb that was along the edge of the parking lot I was running in... Shot my truck about 6 feet straight up in the air flipping madly and landed hard on it's roof. To my amazement, the only damage was the tvp's tweaked a bit and the front stock skid had a big gouge in it. Was probably the hardest hit I've ever had in the 10+ years I've been running RC. I was 100% expecting the inertia of the hit to rim the brand new LRP crank case in half!

I guess all the "hop up" (BTW, why do they call all these aluminum parts hop up?) parts that look cool are just that, cool looking. Seems they have no real strength when it comes down to taking abuse. I was thinking of putting RD aluminum body mounts and steering blocks on, but I’m thinking now it would be a bad idea now.

Hop-up is a marketing term. Some alum parts are good upgrade parts but many are like you stated,just for looks.

We need pics or this didn't happen :D

Plastic body mounts are almost a must as they will just bend/snap off if they are alloy. RPM makes great axle carriers with larger bearings.

Thanks, I'm going ot order the RPM axle carriers too. Should I also order the Traxxas Revo Aluminum Hard Anodized ball studs or the Lunsford 8mm Long Broached Titanium Ball Studs?

Me too, just ordered some goodies. This should get me back up:
RPMC8237
RPMC8222
TRAC2577
LNSC3109
TRAC6378
RPMC8582
TRAC5330
TRAC9411
TRAC5321
RPMC8072

I'll post some pics later today. I'm at work.

Wrench, wheel, wreck, repeat. Breaking sucks but being able to fix her up and run 'er again is somewhat gratifying.

Here is the pic I promised:

6578433391_9f0c0503e2_z.png

That doesn't look that bad. Anywho, BOT, there's been talk on other forums that the Integy bulk heads are worth the money, not like some of their other items.

That doesn't look that bad. Anywho, BOT, there's been talk on other forums that the Integy bulk heads are worth the money, not like some of their other items.

Really, that's the first positive remark I've heard about Integy. I already bought the Traxxas ones, and actually picked up new front and rear set off of ebay for 10 bucks.

I've folded integy ones in on themselves from the front and have snapped the ears off where the shock towers bolt on on the rear... With a stock composite tower. I ruined 2 sets of integy (2 sets of front/2 sets of back), then I got ACNCM basher bulks and never had an issue again. They were thick, tough and pretty cheap. Unfortunately, they aren't around anymore.

Last edited:
figures, something with positive feedback and they arn't around anymore.

I misspoke... for some reason, I was thinking he was talking about t-maxx bulkheads... I don't know anything about integy revo bulkheads. Wasn't even aware they existed.

Appears they exist for the rear at least:
http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=8602&p_catid=73#.TvpITVL-aqw

At $95... I'd still buy stock composite revo bulks. Everything I have ever bought that was integy was really soft and the threads quickly stripped out. Since a lot of things thread into the bulks that gives the revo it's strength... I'd never buy these.

I accually bought two traxxas sets cheap from ebay. I'm going to start building another Revo on the side.

Back