Need some help !!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HummaRevo

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So . I have a few questions for you guys that have a aftermarket exhaust on a 3.3 . I am wanting to do some mods because I just got my new motor and broke it in and snapped the rear drive shaft, so I bought the steel cvd`s so I had a few questions on some other things . The mods that I have so far are, FOC, Steel CVD`s (Ordered) . I dont wanna spend to much money if I dont have too . What pipe is the best for the 3.3 ? Also what are the other modifications that you would recommend me doing ? Eventually I wanna buy metal gears for my tranny so whenever I get ready to put a O.S engine on it I dont start stripping stuff . So anyone who could provide links for things that you would suggest would be great !! Also should I convert over to single steering servo or leave it as dual ? If so whats the benefits ?

Last edited:
Robinson Racing Steel gears When you have only one steering servo, you don't have to adjust them to not push against each other, just so that your truck goes straight when you aren't steering. If you take one steering servo of, I think you should put it as brake/throttle servo. That's what I did when I went to single servo steering. Good luck.

Definatly stay away from RD Logics exhaust systems for the 3.3, I have heard nothing but bad. As far as the best exhaust for the 3.3, I would reccomend either the hi-RPM or low-RPM tuned pipes by Traxxas. I have the low RPM tuned exhaust on my 3.3 Jato, and it delivers great low end punch & sounds great.

At first I didn't have many drivetrain issues with my revo with a big block. I already had the FOC in it.

Then I installed an XTM 24.7 vs the old tired OS 21 RG I had laying around. Then I started shelling out the top gear shaft two speed gears on a frequent basis. Replaced that with RRP steel. Then I installed an LRP28... then I shelled all the remaining gears in the trans but the RRP. So, I replaced all the gears with RRP steel.

Haven't had any issues so far with diffs or the trans. The axles are showing some wear so I'm in the process of getting a new set on ebay so I have them. I'm using stock axles (center/outer) and diffs, other than a bit of slop, they seem to hold up fine.

My typical issues with the revo were the axle carriers breaking, arms breaking, rear pipe mount falling off, rear body mount coming loose and the header getting broken frequently (when running the 2.5R).
Arms are now RPM, rear running true-track.
I got the spring mounted traxxas header and that issue went away.
I took a aftershock (LST2/LST) turnbuckle and ran a bolt through it into the rear body/pipe mount and bolted the other end to the top shock bolt to fix the flex.

Now that I"m running a BB, I don't have a rear pipe, so I don't have the header issue anyway and the turnbuckle seems to be working well to support the rear body mount with the wing on it.

I did get a new era 3 point mount to help protect the engine, but I had to raise the rear of it up about 3/4" using spacers and I also cut the top 2 fins off my LRP to make sure I had clearance between it and the ground.

Not many of my issues were drivetrain related other than the plastic gears in the trans. Mine were the other parts of the rig failing on me.

I run a single servo, hitec 985MG for steering. It's easier to get it lined up as I don't have a second servo fighting with it. Saves on battery life too. It's faster/stronger than the 2 stock servos it replaced. I also use the same servo for t/b duties as it's sealed. I like running strong/sealed servos for t/b so I don't have to worry about it much if I hit wet grass or a puddle. Nothing much worse than having a 40mph+ machine taking off on you because of a $30 servo failing after hitting a puddle.

Last edited:
Back