Got her running

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HummaRevo

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well after a terrible situation with my old motor . (Details in previous thread.) Being that I replaced the carb, block, everything, but the piston and sleeve . I let one of my buddys at a local hobby shop look at it, and keep in mind this guy is a rc fanantic he knows his stuff . He tuned on it alittle bit and got it to crank up but it wouldnt stay running for nothing . So he told me the only thing it could possibly be was that the sleeve or piston was scarred . So then from that point on my father gave me the choice . A 3.3 or a OS .18 . Well I thought about it for a few minutes, I got info on the glow plugs for the OS and the 3.3 and the glow plugs for the OS were 10.00 bucks a pop . So that kinda led me away from the OS, plus I was wanting my truck running by this weekend and they would have had to order the OS . I know what a OS runs like and how fast they are, because I have had one on one of my previous trucks . They are bad . But I was trying to save my Father money, because this hobby can be very expensive . So I went ahead and purchased the 3.3 for 110.00 cash out the door with my buddys discount . Well this morning I wake up and first thing I do is hit the door with my new truck to break it in . Well needless to say I think I ruined my proline crowdpleazer body :( . But heck I think shes running real good now . She just needs a little bit of tuning, shes a little rich, but hey being rich is better than being lean .

j9aqec.jpg

2076kb9.jpg

2a98lmb.jpg

a9fnr.jpg

jady0w.jpg

Patience is a virtue and if he offered I would have chose to wait for the OS myself. But you're running and happy so let's just hope it holds together and gives you gallons of fun!
Your rig looks good :thumbup:

Patience is a virtue and if he offered I would have chose to wait for the OS myself. But you're running and happy so let's just hope it holds together and gives you gallons of fun!
Your rig looks good :thumbup:

Trust me I wanted too but I thought about my truck . The wear and tear with a O.S engine . I was out bashing today for example and snapped a driveshaft knuckle, so that gave me the opportunity to go to metal CVD`s . Well if I woulda slapped a O.S engine on there I think it woulda been worse . Basically my thing is, if I spend the money for a bad a$$ motor I want my truck to be able to handle that motor and not strip stuff left and right . So I threw a 3.3 back on there for now until I get it to where I think it will handle a O.S engine . But before its all said and done there will be a O.S .21 or .18 .

Appreciate it sir ! Oh . I wanna get you alls opinions on this should I convert to single steering servo or leave it dual ?

All three Revos, I've had, have been converted to single servo steering, cheap Traxxas 2075 servos work just fine for me, have seen alot of guys spend alot on better servos, but when i can get multiple gallons on a 2075, and ebay new ones for 15 to 20 dollars, why worry?:p:

1 + ^^^ I removed one 2075 and seems to steer fine.

Back