wheels/tires

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jk6672

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
What wheel tire setup is recommended for street use. For street use, do I just use the outer holes or do I need to use a different size turnbuckles/ pushrods also?

Thanks for the links. BTW, on the Proline Road Rage, what's the difference between a 3.8 40 series and 3.8 Traxxas style bead?

Now if we can go to the opposite end of the spectrum,

I ordered these Axial wheels for the dirt:

7a5f87ff709f21d1b8ccfff263dd4db6.jpg

What kind of tires could I find to fit these?

BTW- those HPI Goliath's look nice for off-road, but I don't think they would fit these.

Last edited:
Few weeks ago I was looking at those Axial bead locks too, 40 series tires should fit them, but I've heard many complaining about the inner bead ring rubbing the toe links and push rods while turning... I don't know the exact difference between 40 series and Traxxas style, but the 40's should be wider and the Traxxas style should be exact fit to Traxxas wheels.

Those Axial wheels are a 2.2 wheel, so any tire you look at for them needs to be a 2.2 tire, no SCT tires or any MT tires.

I don't think they are 2.2. I have them sitting in my tool box and they are the same size at the stock rims, if not a little bigger.

I have had many pairs of Axial wheels on my crawlers, and I have never seen anything bigger than a 2.2

I am only aware of 1.9s and 2.2s that they make and am pretty sure those are 2.2s friend

Axial makes that bead-lock wheel in a 40 series size.

The Proline 3.8 Traxxas bead tires have the same type of bead as Traxxas tires (similar to 1/8 buggy beads).

For the Axial beadlocks, go with the original 40 Series Road Rages. With a little finesse, you can get the 3.8 Traxxas style Road Rages to fit - but don't bother since the 40 series is readily available.

I wound up ordering some PL trenchers 40 series.

Nice - will you be mounting them on the beadlocks?

Don't forget to tape them.

I wound up ordering some PL trenchers 40 series.

Last edited:
Yeah. I just learned that trick today so they don't balloon.