Clutch Assembly

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indian_Joker

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So if you all are paying attention, I just posted about a cracked block. Upon replacing the cracked block I found out the clutch is in bad shape. Lost one of the pins that hold one of the shoes in place. Also neither of the shoes have the actual holes that are supposed to hold the shoes on, there just half circles. And doing research wouldn't you know it there is lots of different clutch assembly's out there. As you have probably guessed I am here to ask for advice on aftermarket good clutch assembly's. Any recommendations on a good, better then stock set up? Thanks again for your help!

Interesting^.
You could also look at the st racing 3 shoe clutch, mip 2 shoe clutch, Integy 3 shoe, m2c 3 shoe, or the buku 3 shoe.

I switched mine over the 1/8 scale clutch. Wider shoes, wider bell, more contact area and less failure.

Takes a bit of effort, but opens the door for any 1/8 clutch you can find. I just used a typical savage 3 shoe flywheel/shoes with an OFNA vented bell.

So is there pros and cons about aluminum vs composite pads?

Aluminum shoes are more expensive and require more frequent maintenance to remove burs. They have a more solid engagement, so can be tricky to drive on loose or slippery surfaces.

Composite tends to slip more when pushing taller gearing with a strong engine/heavy truck.

Back