engine mount

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jk6672

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Does anyone know if the big block engine mount traxxas offers will work with a picco 28?

I don't think it works with any pull start big block. It's intended for bump start use I believe.

New era makes a leaner mount, that's what I have on mine with an LRP28.

Thanks, where can I find that mount. If I go with the 28, I'm going to use a roto start and ditch the pull.

Roto start and pullstarts have about the same size housing. Either way, your probably looking at the new era kit.

They aren't in stock, may have to call and see if they intend on making more...
http://www.neweramodels.com/index.cgi?partnumber=REV111V2&vehicle_manufact=Traxxas&model=1066

It doesn't come with a header at all, you have to figure that out on your own, or buy their weird one and an additional pipe.

I run a side pipe and I used a duratrax warhead header to give me decent clearance. Just using a LST2 pipe I snagged off ebay with it. I tried the pro-line high flow pipe that comes out the back and it's horrible compared to the side pipe. I also made my own throttle linkage wire. I used their guide and mounting plate, but used my own wire so I could use springs/collars/fuel line on it to give it a positive pressure when closed when at idle or when applying brakes.