Pair of Revo's help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonedriven78

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hello, I am brand new to the RC world, forums and would appreciate a little help. This is long winded, I apologize.

I have a few mods I would like to make to my 3.3 and MERV. I bought 5 of these baby's for myself, wife and 3 kids. I have searched for allot of information and am somewhat overwhelmed by the amount of conflicting information I am finding. Heres what I would like to do.

- Upgrade the engine to a RB MT11 Pullstart (I really have my heart set on this engine)
Can I replace the pull start with the easy start?
Is a "big block" a "big block"? Will any "big block" kit work? Suggestions?

- If the above works, gearing recommendations for racing?

I attached (don't know how to post them in the message) :\ a few pics of what I have done for Mods and have some left to do. Sorry for the lack of terminology, I'm just saying it how I see it.
Rc One shocks
Forward only kit
Titanium Pitman
RPM Arms
Proline Big Joe's & Rims
Traxxas CVD's
CVD' Drive shaft
Rear Brake Kit
Hi-Tech Servo's w/Titanium Gearing
A Little bit of aluminium just where I thought might be weak or break

Thanks!:D

BTW, first time I ever painted bodies so take it easy on me! lol

Attachments

• IMG_0124.jpg
    IMG_0124.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0123.jpg
    IMG_0123.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0125.jpg
    IMG_0125.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0112.jpg
    IMG_0112.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Very nice setup you have there. Super man cave and the trucks look really good as well.

The Ez Start will not have enough to turn that mill over. You can use a roto start though. You would need to find a New Era big block conversion to use it. You can gear up a TON from stock as well. I would say at least a couple teeth on the bell gear or down two or three on the spur. Sounds like you are off to a good start on them though.

Yeah new era ftw. I run 18/36, with a 27 sized engine on mine.

Be careful reading around on forums. Some people take every piece of info they read as gospel, only to emerge as gurus in no time at all!

really nice setup!!! nice enough to make me wanna go clean up my area!!! l.o.l. mine isnt dirty dirty but compared to that man cave it is... and nice rigs!! you are definetly on the right path.!!

and I was kinda embarrassed it was so dirty.... haha I love my backyard garage, i store my Camaro (10) in it in the winter normally but I found a heated offsite storage so I can keep it free. I have allot to do yet, tile the floors, new work benches, etc.... Never ends!