diff

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jk6672

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Does anyone have expierence using a rear locking diff kit? Just wondering if it's a good idea or not.

Terrible handling and broken parts. Spools are for crawling and pulling.

thanks, I was just thinking they would give better traction in sand. I guess paddles are good enough.

Yes I do have experiance with them and as stated above they are a really bad idea for a normal racer or basher RC. The force will transfer up the drive line to your transmission and you get what you have in the pictures below.

This is your tranny on a rear spooled diff.
ToastedTransmission001.jpg

ToastedTransmission003.jpg

ToastedTransmission005.jpg

The only thing wrong with spools is the fact people don't adjust their driving to reflect having a locked differential.
Off throttle when landing from a jump, off throttle when cartwheeling, no donuts on asphalt, concrete or grass.

We have sold hundreds and hundreds of spools and seem to get very good responses from those that buy them.

Yeh my spool was great. I tried to stay on dirt but since I went on concret a fair bit I bent a drive shaft. There awesome fun for bashing on dirt tho. I put my LSD back in but put 100k in rear. Thinkin I might try get 500k and put that in