Center diff/suspension questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precision1

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I built my Revo to be more race machine, less basher. I put the center diff kit in and filled it w/ 500k oil as that seemed to be the thing to do. Suspension was stiffened up a step (spring) front and rear. Mid ride height, sits with drive shafts level or just above level. Max caster angle (spacers all in front), all good yes?

So when I go full throttle the nose still seems to still rise quite a bit to the point where the front tires are just dancing over the bumps with the suspension nearly topped out while the rear is all squatted out. Looks like a Baja truck going 100mph through the desert. Cool, but is this what I want? Seems hard to turn, front doesn't bite much. I do have crappy tires (dirt claws).

So....
Will it help if I put something less than 500k in the center diff? Change suspension setup? Get some real tires? Change front/rear brake bias? Thoughts?

To combat the tendency to squat under throttle, I used a bit thicker shock oil (40k) and heavier springs in the rear. Good tires are also a must.

What springs specifically? I have the gold ones (3.8) on there now w/ 50 weight oil.

Go stiffer?

Back