Mods for a big block?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bansh88

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
As my engize blew up this week, I am now shopping around.
If I was to go with a bigger aftermarket engine, what all would need to be modified on my Revo to accpet the larger engine?
I know I need a new engine mount. What about pipe? Servo/Carb linkage? yadda yadda yadda?
What is a good engine for the Revo?
I would be going with a pull start.

I would go with a .26 Picco Maxx JL Reddot if your going with a pull start. Everything will interchange the clutch and clutchbell, flywheel and exhaust. You will need to get the engine mount but other than that it should drop right in.

What about any of the used engines down in buy and sell? I'm new to RC and still not looking to invest a lot of money.

Well people on here are really honest. They have to be otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to sell anything on here. I know you won't get hurt from buying something used from a member of this forum.

Not intentionally, but I would stick to getting a new one. The picco 26, dynamite 19, and os 21tm are your best options.

A real big block is going to be alot of work.

I might have found a used 3.3 for cheap. Besides that, my wife is insisting on getting a whole new 3.3. Likely be my Christmas present.

Kudos to your wife, even she knows not to waste money on a used 3.3;)

Yeah, to go with a true BB, your looking at an additional $70+ or so for a pipe/header, linkage and engine mount. Also is a bit of a hassle. A 3.3 should get the job done pretty well for you.

Back