Revo chassis swap

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bozzfest

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a revo 2.5 with a 3.3 motor, I was thinking about swapping over to a 3.3 chassis, but there are a few things I'm not sure of, I know I need a longer front driveline,steering and a body, is there anything else I need, also what is the difference in the 3.3 and the 3.3 extended, I only use the truck for bashing, not racing.

I would like to know to. What qbout the platinum chassis wats the diffrance between the 3.3 and platinum chassis

I do know the platnum was setup for raceing bumpstart only.Looks like they changed the platinum and it looks like it's the new version of the 3.3 ,then new revo 3.3 is wider and taller the the original 3.3 and i pulled a picture of the 2 chassi's and they are identical ,except now it comes with charger and battery for the easy start extra glow plug and a fuel bottle.Thats all i know .but the difference between 3.3 and 3.3 ext i would think the 3.3 ext. chassi is a little longer

Last edited:
The 3.3 chassis is about an inch and a half longer than the 2.5 and platinum chassis.

The platinum chassis is the same as a 3.3 chassis, just silver. You may want to add a chassis brace to your list. It goes under the engine.

I just picked up a new style 5309 extended 3.3 chassis off of ebay that came with the 150 cc fuel tank, both drive lines, chassis brace and a bunch of other parts brand new for cheap,now if it would just hurry and get here.

Good deal, I'm sure it was alot cheaper than the sum of it's parts.

Back