Running paddles

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bansh88

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Not sure how many guys are running paddles for sand around here. I hit up Glamis Sand Dunes out here and I'm pretty excited to get a set of paddles to dune.
I'm thinking of just running rear paddles and leaving front tires as is. Are there any cons to NOT putting paddles on the front? I know it'll torque the rear more than usual. But it seems like front paddles would just waste a lot of power. Not to mention and extra $30 or so.

With paddles on the front, I think that it would have problems steering.

Been doing some research in the last hour.
Sounds like all is good to go with just rear. Front paddles just toss sand all over the place. doesn't sound like it negatively affect the tranny or engine.
I have tons of experience with quad and rail paddle tires so I know what works best in sand. Most the RC paddles I've seen look all wrong and way too aggressive.
I have a set of cool aluminum wheels I planned on mounting but they are slightly wider than the stock wheels. I'll probably be stuck getting whatever my local shop has in stock because I wanto make sure what I buy fits. If at all!

Last edited:
There are no steering issues using paddles on the front. My Summit does just fine, havent tried without em up front though

it should be similar to quads...just put paddles on the back and leave the regular tires up front, or put some slicks up front.
on my banshee i run 14 paddle haulers with razor backs up front...I'm hitting well over 80mph out there and have no stearing issues...unless the front end is off the ground lol

but a banshee is only 2 wheel drive, it wouldnt make sense to put paddles on the front :)

lol yeah i am aware of that but they are both similar in the same sence...both will have the front tires in the air most of the time...when they do hit the ground you want your fronts to catch the sand and steer you in the right direction for that split second until you hit the gas again...

like i said, i run my summit with all 4, its drives just fine that way but i know you can put regular tires on the front without a problem

Just make sure the front tires are the same diameter as the rear if you mix and match.

A buddy got a set of Panthers at the swap meet the other day. Definitely what I want. Nice soft rubber. Appear to be same size as stock tires.

Back