Conversion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyREVOis2fst

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hello, I am converting my revo to electric and I wanted to post my journey here , I know there is an electric section but it's a revo 3.3 so this post is in the correct category. Any questions I'll be more than happy to answer, and please, no arguing. Thanks

You doing the mamba monster 4 cell conversion? That's what I was going to do to my revo 3.3 till I figured out it was going to cost me over $500.00 to convert it. Mamba monster $289.00 conversion kit $120.00 plus $50.00 a piece for the batteries. What route are you taking to convert yours?

---------- Post added at 1:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:46 PM ----------

Oh plus the 2 speed tranny can't handle the power of a 4 cell conversion so I was going to have to put a single speed tranny in it or lock the stock tranny into first gear.

You're in the right forum. It's a Revo.
I've done the conversion in a Savage, complete with the conversion frame and TVPs from Fast Lane Machine.

ESC.jpg

Quark 125B Monster Pro
Features: Monster Pro 125 Ni-MH 5-18 cell Lithium 2-6 cell
125amps (@Full throttle, 25deg C 300amps (@10 Seconds)
38KHz 0.00036ohms Realistic ABS (Proportional) Adjustable
Automatic/Adjustable 110 - 120 deg C Yes/Adjustable Automatic Fail-Safe
On/Off Single Button/4 Colored LED 5V/5A
(Input 8.4V,Peak 8A) 70 x 34 x 19 mm 78 grams (w/o wires)
3 New Reverse Options 4 Torques Selections 5 Braking Selections
9 Drag Brake Selections Can Handle 18 Ni-MH / 6 Li-Po Cells
Super-Low 0.00036ohms Quark's Zero-Cogging Effect

Price $279.95

The cost adds up quickly, but the power and speed should be intense.

I am nearly done with the conversion actually.
heres what I've done...

one servo steering.
integy motor mount (30$)
Mamba monster ESC (130$)
Turnigy Trackstar 2500kv BL motor (60$)
locked it in 2nd gear.
AND 2 2s red dragon lipos from ebay, 5000 MaH, 30c, 7.4v, very nice even though they were ordered from australia(25 $ each shipping included)
cut up the EZ start wand battery cover and made a shock top battery mount for a lipo
debating weather or not to use the tranny brakes.
ordered a low cg battery mount kit for a larger fuel tank, rigged it to mount on the fuel tank mounts and the chassis. perfect size for any battery size. (20$)
total cost. 260$, ill get some pics today. no ESC cause it hasnt arrived in the mail but youll know what it pretty much looks like.
you dont need to get 2 lipos. even the 3s red dragon one works, its 30$ total instead

Lose the tranny brakes completely. It will eliminate vibration and unneeded drag. You only need to program electric braking into the ESC.

alright, i only decided to use them cause the brakes for electric had about 1/10th of a turn till it kicked in. and i am racing at my private track and thought it will help for corners

Back