My truck keeps blowing the glow plug

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dru147

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have a revo with a 18 os tm 14t/36t and it's blowing the glow plug after one run what can I do to fix this problem ???? Thanks in advance

We'll need some more information to answer that. Fuel, outside temp, engine temp, what plugs and what do they look like. If one of them lost the filament you're banging pieces around in the cylinder which will scratch it and take out the next plug.
Check the link below and look at the glow plug information to determine if it's a bad tune.

The link below

i have the same problem. I'm guessing I'm running too rich?

it was running extremely well over a week and then one night i got it running and it was going hitting medium rpm very quick and figured it was due to running too lean or rich, and then the plug was done after that. run it again today and was having a quick muck around with tune but didnt get too much success, need a bit more of a play i think.

Last edited:
The damage to those plugs was not caused by being too rich…

Forsome reason for me, i never really go through plugs, got my savage about a month ago and i just yesterday burn through my first plug. ran about a gallon of fuel. For my jato its even better I've been through 2 gals and not burnt a plug yet... for some reason they just last for me. i even have bran new glow plugs from years ago that i bought thinking i would burn through em but most of my friends have been using em -__-.

good luck.. most likely your tune of some sort.

think this may have something to do with it.... any ideas on how this has happened?

it was running a bit hot before i stopped my last run (180 degrees C, normal is around 90-120 for me) and it stuffed up a plug. guessing that it was running under some extra strain and causing heat problems. but why would the bearings give out like this? iv gone through about 8L of 20% nitro which i assume isnt much.

Last edited:
Thats pretty normal bearings go out. Think about all the heat around those bearings and how fast there spinning. I replace my bearings in my cb every gallon of fuel. That has nothing to do with blowing glow plugs. Your blowing glow plugs cause your LSN is too lean or you have trash on top of the head which is knocking the filiment out.

yeh true. now i think about it. i checked the box before i went for that run so i possibly had the box tight against the motor. and excessive wear etc. but after looking at it the gox doesn't move much when screwing it in. so maybe the motor dropped or something :S dunno, maybe just normal wear and tear but either way its fixed

think this may have something to do with it.... any ideas on how this has happened?

it was running a bit hot before i stopped my last run (180 degrees C, normal is around 90-120 for me)

Normal temps are 90-120 for you??? To me thats a sign of running way to rich. Not owning a revo maybe they run differently than alot of other cars but 180ish is a pretty normal temp on just about any vehicle for me. Just my .02

Well guys I set it down about and cleaned out the block today she hasn't blew any plugs so far.I'm just waiting for the next problem hhehe thanks for your help dudes .

Cool glad you got it fixed. You may of just had some trash on top of the head or something. Glad your back going and not blowing glow plugs anymore.

That's great the support you get on here thanks to all you wicked rc heads