Slow Throttle Response

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC4thewin

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok so I took my Revo out today and ran about a tank through it before I broke it... lol. Anyways, the throttle response seemed a little slow out of the gate. I know I'm not gonna get the super quick response of an electric but I just don't feel like its got quite the umph I was expecting. I know that the place I bought it from said that it was geared really high for top end speed but it still don't seem or feel quite right. Would the low speed needle affect this??

Stock servo's suck you will need to upgrade the throttle/brake servo to a high torque to get a good snappy throttle response. LSN may be a little rich as well.

The throttle servo is a IRracing Z590m.

I prefer the HiTec HS-645 MG or the digital version HS-5645 MG for the throttle servo.

Ok thanks. I will look into those. I am going to tinker with the LSN first once I get a new servo horn for the throttle (its what broke on a bad landing from 6 feet high).

Also remove the throttle servo return spring and replace it with one from a 4Tec. The spring is too strong and causes the issues your talking about and leads to servo failure eventually. Just changing the spring will help out for now until you decide to upgrade. I prefer JR 9100s. Been running it for 3 years and not one issue along with a JR DS8711 for steering.

HTC Evo 4G on Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: