Engine is kaput

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newnitro

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
The other week I was out running my revo in the dirt behind my house. It was running really good, then all of a sudden the trail of smoke started to disappear and it just shut off. I tried restarting it but nothing so I took it back to my house cleaned it all up and still nothing. I took everything apart I resealed my engine made sure my plug was good fuel is good but still nothing. I don't know if I burned up my engine or what, I'm just out of ideas so what do you guys think?

No smoke = Lean a condition. Reset to factory and tune from there.

HTC Evo 4G on Tapatalk Pro

I put everything back to factory and still nothing. I took of the cooling head and the piston? looked burned it was all black does that mean the engine is all burned up?

Not necessarily. It just may have alot of fuel thats been put thru it. Hows the cylinder walls and side of the piston? If those are scored or severly scratched at all than your engine could be kaput. As far as the piston head a good cleaning with fine steelwool and a degreasing to remove any particles followed by a relube and assembly should be fine.

Back