What should I do?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lordcomp

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have a 3.3 revo that has seen plenty of action and the engine is getting weak. what would be the best direct swap engine for the REVO 3.3? I use the REVO for bashing jumping and showing off. so I want something Strong and FAST. What would you do?:\

I love the Picco .26 Maxx in mine. all you need is an Ofna engine mount.

Or the OS 21tm, which is a bit more powerful than the 3.3, but drops right in.

You can also send your piston and sleeve in to get resized. I just sent three sets in to Ray A Racing and had them back super fast. He always does a top notch job on his work. For $25 you can get a couple more gallons out of your engine. I know a couple other on here have used him as well with all really good results. I have a RB 523TM .23 and a Picco .26 in my Revos. I prefer the Picco out of the two.

Thanks for the info. Traxxas will replace the engine for 50 bucks if i swap out the old one. but i'm wanting to throw more power at the revo so I'm thinking the .26 red dot is the best option.

Thanks for the info. Traxxas will replace the engine for 50 bucks if i swap out the old one. but i'm wanting to throw more power at the revo so I'm thinking the .26 red dot is the best option.

$50? They told me $110 when I wanted to trade mine in. Can I get the number to your traxxas guy lol?

i had a red dot picco on my revo i sold just recently, and when i had it it was the best engine i have ever ran, gobs of power, and the black cooling head was just trick

Piston and sleeve off eBay. $50-$60 bucks. You might even find a package with a con-rod.

HTC Evo 4G on Tapatalk Pro

60 bucks can get you the con rod included if you look around. Just remember if your bearings are ready to go you'll ruin a new p/s set when they do.....tack on another 15 bucks for bearings and you're getting closer to a new engine.

Yeah if I were to rebuild it I wouldn't skimp and just do a total rebuild.

Back