Breaking in

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrobry

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I really hate it when people say, Breaking in a new engine.WHAT are they:angry: trying to do with KILL it.
They are running it in.

No, it's known as breaking it in. Even a new leather jacket needs to be broken in. It doesn't get RUN in unless it's a leather jogging suit.

In all my years in rc I have never heard it called "running in". Every manual or rc tech or anybody in rc cars calls it "breaking in". It really doesn't matter and if thats what you want to call it then cool. ;)

I know that is known as breaking it in.But as with road cars and motor cycles you run them in...It all amounts to the same,it's just the phrase.Breaking in a engine i don't like...

I have been building Harleys for EVER.... its always been called the BREAK IN period.

I know that is known as breaking it in.But as with road cars and motor cycles you run them in...It all amounts to the same,it's just the phrase.Breaking in a engine i don't like...

No, you don't. I've been doing bikes for a lot of years now, and have built more than a few engines over those years. The globally accepted term is known as break in, whether it be RC, cars, or bikes, doesn't matter. If someone told me they were going to run in a new engine, I'd tell them it would be more comfortable to run in that jogging suit Rolex mentioned. :D

I think he's in England. They talk funny over there. They don't speak American like we do. :D

---------- Post added at 2:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:27 PM ----------

Batman-Thread.jpg

Running in is something you do in jogging shoes after you break them in.

come on guys youve all heard of run in oil???? its called break in.

Run in oil? Nope, haven't heard of it unless it's the oil you put on your new baseball mitt while you break it in. :D
I would also think it would be dangerous to run in oil especially if your new shoes aren't broken in yet. :hehe:

come on guys youve all heard of run in oil???? its called break in.

you are very confused its breaking in and after run oil not run in anything.Did you make up these silly names for them or what?

not confused about anything making a joke I'm a mechanic and deal with break in oil all the time.