Revo gear problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any ideas why the spur gear sits so high. Is the engine out of adjustment. The spur and bellcrank gears have a lot more tension between them then they should.

I just tore it apart again. It looks like the whole engine is leaning forward and needs to be lowered in the rear of the car. Here is a better video to help you see whats going on. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8Xuj4rrLpg"]Zi6 7350 - YouTube[/ame]

what size is your spur gear ??? try putting a smaller one ...will give you more play .....and a bit of grinding in the mount where the engine sits ( under the engine ) ..gave me a bit more play so i could mesh it right

I hate to be a bearer of bad news but chances are the chassis is bent in the engine bay. It’s a very common occurrence with the Revo. I couldn’t tell in the video, are you running the chassis brace in the engine bay?
Often you can straighten the chassis bay and regain the spur gear/clutch bell mesh alignment and clearance for the air filter and it will last a while be fore bending again, but it usually requires a new chassis sooner or later.

ya ..Snook is right ..chassis might be bent to ...it happened to be after putting in the wasp .26...with an engine that size the stock chassis brace is not enough ..i had to make another brace with heavier steel to support the engine better .. and also made a steel rool hoop to protect my engine better

picture.php

picture.php

I have to agree. I'm pretty sure you bent the chassis plate. You can straighten it out after a partial tear down, but you'll need a total tear down to replace it.

You might want to make sure you haven't broken the engine mount.

Last edited:
You most likely broke the stock motor mount pieces AND bent the chassis. Upside-down-backword landings will do that. I suggest a new era mount (that actually has some adjustment) and a good wing.

thanks guys, do I need the entire chasis to be replaced. Is there any supports I can buy to keep this from happening?

The spur gear cutting into the air filter just started to happen to me. I thought something was loose I made sure all the screws where tight and nothing. It would suck if my chassis was bent how do you go about bending it back for a temp fix or would it just be a better idea to buy a new chassis?

well it did run full speed into the side of my house because of a shorted rpm sensor wire. My guess is that weakened the chassis. When I last ran it the chassis bent. What is a better wing to get for it? Any ideas if there is a stronger chassis option available? Is the extended chassis offered by traxxas any better. Would I have to change anything to use the extended chassis?

If you have a Revo 3.3, you already have the extended chassis.

There is a chassis brace available...maybe from fullforce rc? I can't remember, but in the meantime you can bend it back by using the rear engine mount piece as a guide. Mine's been bent a few times and a traxxas wing with a proline crowd pleazer body solved that issue.

The air filter issue can be dealt with by using a 36 tooth spur, if you're not already. You can also sand the sharp edges off the spur to keep it from tearing the filter neck so easily.

I will look into it. Since its cold here and I wont be running them much, I may just try to find a cheap chassis and replace the bent one.

can someone tell me or give me a link to a new era mount and engine brace? I assume you mean the entire chassis is bent and not just the chassis brace? I dont want to buy a entire chassis if I don't need it.

i bent both my revo chassis ..one was the whole rear end ..broken bulkhead and the chassis was shaped like a banana ..lol...was able to bend it back into shape ...and my other one was where the engine mounts ..fixed that one to ..and also braced it better ...like you see in the pics i posted ....so I'm sure you can bend it back into shape

bringing this thread back from the dead and hopefully my revo along with it. I pulled off the motor mount. It was in several pieces so for one it is busted but I believe the frame is bent as well. Can someone give me a link to the exact new era motor mount that I need for this? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Maybe I am looking in the wrong places.

Back