Fail-safe Failed...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REV0

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys, i was at my local track about a week ago. About an hour of running, my revo went out of control crashing into things in its way..:( I was about to buy a fail-safe, but then i checked my receiver and it already had a fail-safe installed. I tested it and it was working great, but i'm still confuse since if it had a fail-safe then why did it go out of control? Any ideas? Thanks, and the fail-safe is the Duratrax Micro Fail-safe.

Last edited:
I don't think i put it in the wrong slot. I turned the trans off while the receiver was still on, and full brakes applied. It pretty much works perfectly, but i still don't trust it on the track :hehe:. My trans is a AM Radio. Could it have been the batteries?

Sounds like someone else was on the same channel as you.

I think so too!
I didn't know what my frequency was, so i just gave my transmitter to someone who works there. And they basically wrote it down, i think they wrote the wrong frequency down lol

Should say on your crystals, both on your radio and reciever.

Thanks, but i can't seem to find it lol. There are a lot of numbers on my transmitter, and i have no idea which one it is. It says this "81----75.810 Boat & Car only". Is the 75.810 my frequency? Sorry I'm a noobie

look at the crystal itself and see what numbers are on it either in your transmiter or in your reciever in the truck and the numbers will be on that.. and if the crystals in your truck were ever changed than the tag will say the wrong number on the outside of the transmiter... hope this helps out alittle

It could be a couple things. It could have been the battery or you had interference. Either one will make a fail safe not work. I have had both happen to me before. Normally the interference is with AM and a little with FM.

Thanks, i just got back from the track and i had no issues at all. I think someone was in the same channel as me.

Sounds like it. You can get. Into a 2.4 setup pretty cheap nowadays. You may want to consider this as it takes one person flipping on their radio without checking to ruin your day (as you found out).

Thats my next upgrade! Right now i'm focusing on my body since i treated that race track like it was a bash fest and my body cracked in half lol

That's how i drive the first 30 minutes or so. I gotta get the excitement out of my system before I can start concentrating, luckily the track has a nice big field for goofing off in.