revo won't start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rclipner

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i was running our revo yesterday and about 1/2 way through the tank of fuel it seemed get extremly hot, (outside temp here in PA is 70) shut off and after cooling off it wouldn't fire up.
its getting fuel and i changed out the glow plug w/ not results. any suggestions....we're new at the game

Is it a 2.5 or 3.3? My 2.5 would vapor lock if it got too warm actually two of my 2.5's would.

its the 3.3. shortly after it shut down i tried starting it and it would crank but not fire up. now a day after it was sitting i try to start and it will crank for a sec. then nothing...like it freezes up

did you check the glow plug if you got it over 340 the filimint will melt. then just cranking it over with out the glow plug woll flood and lock it up

the glow plug is good. should the crank be easy to turn with your finger? it will turn a few strokes then get real tight and not turn....is that just compression building up... thinking about just buying a fresh motor(this one only had 1 gal. of fuel through it from new 9 months ago) and getting this one fixed...keeping it for a back up

If you do decide to get a new motor get the os .21 it is wicked in a revo and a direct bolt on. The picco.26 is great too and cheaper but by the time you but the engine mount it's about the same price as the os. 3.3 is a good motor but really not enough power for a revo.

Did you check to see if it'll turn over without the glow plug?

no but i'm going to try that now

ok....crank spins free, but this is what i did find...the original glow that was in it when it got real hot and shut down is def. fried. problem is the plug i put back in was used,it looks good, but i question if its good. also the wire that connects to the plug has misssing blue coating and was touching the head. is there and way to test if the plug is good and test the wire if its getting power to make it glow

take the plug out and hook it to the blue wire and touch it to the cooling head, unplug one of the starter wires and hit the easy start button. you should be able to see if the plug is glowing or not. then black tape the blue wire while you have it out to make it easyer then if the plug is good put it back together

sounds good thanks for info

If you pulled the plug and the engine turned over, they it may have been flooded. Put the truck on it's side, put a rag over the cooling head, and crank it to get all the nitro out of the chamber.

ok...now i'm readly to lose my mind!!!! motor won't start b/c its not getting heat from the glow plug. with the plug out, hooked up the "glow plug" light is on the starter wand, the plug glows...perfect right....now put plug in the motor, nothing....the light won't come on and the truck won't fire over

I would invest in a simple handheld ignitor and use the ez-start for engine cranking only......or get a pullstart.

Ez start is the worst. Pull start or roto with ignitor is way less trouble IMO.

turns out sometimes u need to charge the starter wand to make it work properly.....go figure. i guess after working 13+ hr shifts,sleeping for 3 hrs and chasing a 1yr son around u start to loose ur mind a little. thanks for the help guys, u bailed me out again

Back