spur gear cb gear ratio

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonDutton

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
what do u guys reccomend for gearing

i prefer takeoff myseldf

I'm running 18/36 for my BB, and thats working fine.

2.5 gearing

I'm putting together a 2.5 for a revo roller i picked up. It wont have a CB so I will be getting a new one and wondered what some recomondations would be for the 2.5. I'm looking for more acceleration than top end.

So they're about 5.75" tall then. Ok, the "stock" ratio for that size was 15/38.
If you're looking for "takeoff" then this will be fine. It may be best to experiment with that bell gear and all three spurs, since they're much cheaper than bells.

Divide the spur teeth by the bell teeth for a ratio: 15/38 is a 2.53:1 ratio.

2.5, stock tires, I'm pretty sure I ran 15/40 or 14/40 (can't recall which fit). Since I run mostly in grass, I'm usually forced to sacrifice top speed for more torque or I end up running hotter than I want.

Can't recall what I run now... but I know I had to upgrade to alloy shoes (a first for me) when I got the LRP28 installed... even running 1/8 scale flywheel/bell/clutch, running composite shoes caused them to slip, a lot. So much so that after a few minutes running, it wouldn't even shift into second.

Hello I'm new here. I have a Revo 3.3 with the os18tm engine. What is a good spur and cb combo that i can start with. thanks

Stock gearing is 14/38 for the 6.3" tires and 15/38 for the 5.75" talon tires. You can also use a 36tooth spur for more speed.

Thanks. I only street race. trying to get a good combo for top end. thanks again

Back