Servo Problems?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kagamiku

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So i just got a Revo about a month ago and i have been having a great time with it. It's a 2.5 with a 3.3 engine. Now i'm still very new to this hobby and this is the first problem i have had with this truck.

So i can start it up perfectly and it could idle forever but when i pull the trigger at any rate the servo kinda snaps back and forth causing the car to gas on and off. When i pull the throttle manually it gasses just fine. When the car is not running and i pull the throttle with the transmitter there's no snapping compared to when it is on.

Sorry if this is hard to understand, i'm terrible at explaining things. If needed i can try to upload a video of what is happening.

It sounds like you have some metal to metal vibration causing static in the signal.

Well i don't see any on the wire that visible on the outside. Guess i'll have to open it up. Would that be why it only happens when the car is actually running?

Could also be a bad contact somewhere that is exacerbated by the vibration of the engine. Pull and re-seat all the plugs on the receiver and optidrive (if you still have it), including the battery plugs 4+ times to grind away any corrosion that is on the pins.

Or could be the switch acting up similarly.

Well i took off the servo and opened it up to find that one of the wires became unsoldered. I'm going to try to solder it back myself and if that doesn't work i'll just buy a new servo and get back to racing it around!

Back