Traxxas Revo 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jp6210

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi guys I'm new to this I need some advise on my Traxxas Revo I'm burning glow plugs like there is no tomorrow can any one help mr here pls ? I am averaging one plug per tank I'm using the super duty 3232 stsndRd Traxxas Revo plugs and still burning them out
If any one cam help they would b great
Thnxs

Well there could be numerous reasons but one is 3232 plugs aren't really that good try mc 8 plugs or os 8 plugs. Another reason may be your too lean on your low end needle which will do it everytime I suggest doing a lean test by pinching the fuel line by the carb after the motor is warmed up. Another reason could be you have a air leak somewhere either in the tank lid or your carb is leaking air around the neck or the needles. Another reason could be you have something on the top of the piston hitting the glow plug. You can flush the engine out by taking the glow plug out and flushing it with either fuel or denatured alcohol. You can usually tell if there is something hitting the glow plug because the plug filliment will be destroyed. More than likely your running lean either from a air leak or you have the needle set too lean. I had the same issue and my carb was shot and I had a leak around the tank lid since I fixed it a glow plug last me a while. I end up changing it now before it is gone.

yeah, that happened to me a while back, most definitly a tuning problem. or you like to drive your car while its in a pool......naw its a tuning problem
go get it tuned from someone or have them show you how to tune it.

Back