Carb replacement?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BamaFan

ROLL TIDE!!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I replaced the carb on my revo with a new one today and the old one the o ring was shot so I couldn't tell but when I put the new carb on with the o ring in place I can still slightly see the o ring when the carb is pushed in. Is this right or should the carb go on in a little further? I tryed pushing it down more but it wouldn't go any futher so I was making sure the o ring should be a little visible or should I take it back apart and retry? Thanks

is it thr orange o-ring?

if so then yes you should be able to see it

Yes it is the orange o ring. Thanks that makes me feel better.

no problem. it should be tight against it but still be able to be seen when u tighten the nut for the carb

no problem. it should be tight against it but still be able to be seen when u tighten the nut for the carb

Yes it is pushed in tight and I got the bolt tight but I could see the orange o ring just a little so i wasn't sure. Thanks a lot. I'm pretty sure thats why my truck started running like crap cause the old o ring was gone and I checked the needle's and they were leaking air too so i just replaced the whole carb instead of rebuilding the whole thing.

yea that was most likely your problem. for the price of a carb its cheaper just to but and install a new one.

yea that was most likely your problem. for the price of a carb its cheaper just to but and install a new one.

Sorry were you saying in your last post it is cheaper to rebuild or replace? I'm sure it is cheaper to rebuild but my lhs had one for 35 bucks and I won't have to worry about it again for a while.

well i find it cheaper to just replace sorry bout that. its quicker that way. than spendin the time rebuilding

well i find it cheaper to just replace sorry bout that. its quicker that way. than spendin the time rebuilding

That was my thought. ;). I will prob sell the old one on ebay for whatever I can get for it prob like 8 bucks.

now that u have a new one in. y not rebuild the old one now to have a spare? nowu wont be out of the rc since u have the new one and this one to rebuild on the down time.

just mt $.2