New Road Rage tires?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BamaFan

ROLL TIDE!!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was just wondering if anybody has bought the new Proline road rage tire and what you think about it compared to the crime fighters? They just hit my hobby store and was thinking of getting a set.

How new? I've used road rage and road rage II tires for years. Have a set for MT 3.2 rims for my revo, couple sets for 1/8 buggy rims for my jato and a set on 2.2 rims for my jato (before I got the buggy sized hubs).

The tires wear really well on pavement, but don't get much traction at all anywhere else.

How new? I've used road rage and road rage II tires for years. Have a set for MT 3.2 rims for my revo, couple sets for 1/8 buggy rims for my jato and a set on 2.2 rims for my jato (before I got the buggy sized hubs).

The tires wear really well on pavement, but don't get much traction at all anywhere else.

I don't know my local hobby shop just got a new tire and thats what there called is proline road rage! There may have changed the design or something. Thats just what the guy at the hobby shop was showing me that they just came out. I have never ran a street tire so I don't know but was thinking about putting them on my revo and keeping my maxx set up for the dirt.

If you get them for your maxx, get the 40 series vs 3.2 standard mt rims (would need new rims too to fit). The ones for the 3.2 rims have a pretty tall sidewall and they wander around a lot. Even with that though, they hold up really well on concrete. I used to run them on the front of a 2wd t-maxx all the time when I had a maxx. They were a little lighter than the chevrons, so wheelies were easier. :) Plus, they did ok on grass for steering, just not real well for forward bite.

They changed the 40 series road rages to have traxxas style beads. The axial or tech 5s no longer work with them. Have to get Trx 3.8 wheels or the new pro line desperado wheels.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk

Back