Away with the ez start!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BamaFan

ROLL TIDE!!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm offcially against the ez start and they suck so it's gone. Just thought I would post this because I feel better to be done with it and now I have a pull start with a plug ignitor. Took my car out for a short time today with the pull start and pulled it twice and fired right up. No more wires and wearing my $22.00 OWB out so fast. I'm sure a lot of people still use the ez start but after replaceing the OWB three times within a year and two ez start motors and 5 wiring harness's I guess you know why it's gone now. :) PLus dead wand batteries that shut your whole day down got old too.

I switch everything to roto start. I've been using the same one for years with no issues but I do have the extra to carry. I still use a NiCd battery and have 15min charger so if it does go down,it's a short fix :)

Pull start is ok if your engine is tuned right but can be a bear if it isn't. Just my preference,everyone has to make up their own mind on what's best for them. If pull start is good for you congrats! Bash and have fun :thumbup:

I like my ez start so far, and it's been almost 2 years now. I did run a pull start, but my tuning was off, so it was a pain in the ass to start.

Yea pull start can be a pain for sure but both mine hold a good tune so it's not really a prob for me.