Revo 3.3 temp?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BamaFan

ROLL TIDE!!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a Revo 3.3 and run odonnells 25% nitro and it runs around 180-215 and runs awesome wheelie on demand and top out quick with great top speed. I have never had a nitro that runs this cool and runs as well as mine does are these temps ok? I mean will it hurt anything running it this cool? I have had t maxx's 2.5 and 3.3 and ran the same fuel that ran around 240-260 and ran great. This revo runs aweful at those temps. Actually my t maxx 3.3 that I have now runs 240-260 and is just as strong if not a little faster. I'm just making sure I'm not messing the motor up on my revo with it running that cool and I know it's not too rich because when I lean it out it starts bogging bad. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks

Make sure your temp gun is set for aluminum. On my duratrax one it has to be set at 77e or else it reads low. Under 200 is not good, but I think you're up there around 200-240 now.

Traxxas engines tend to run a bit hotter than other brands. Mine tended to run best around 270*.

Mine runs the best around 270 to 290. Just don't go over 300, that's a bad thing

As long as you can keep it over 200 it should be all good. That is pretty cool though. Strange..... But if it works... Run with it

Anything over 270 is really pushing it, especially with your fuel.

Back